Mondegreens (Misheard Lyrics).

This is funny, but it's Geddy guys. :lmao: Watch the DVD 2112 and you will know for sure, but think about it, why would he be renting his mind to a guard anyhow. Gods and Governments are the big two, and all he's saying IMHO is that his mind is open but he will not be a sheep. :D BTW, did Neil ever get that Red car?

In the Doors "Break on Through", I thought Jimbo was singing:

I found an island in your arms
poetry in your eyes.

It's really:

I found an island in your arms
country in your eyes.

Later in the same song he says Made the scene and I thought it was Make me see. I must of had crappy speakers back then.

This is funny, but it's Geddy guys. :lmao: Watch the DVD 2112 and you will know for sure, but think about it, why would he be renting his mind to a guard anyhow. Gods and Governments are the big two, and all he's saying IMHO is that his mind is open but he will not be a sheep. :D BTW, did Neil ever get that Red car?

I suppose everyone else could be right :scratch2: Getty IIRC is an atheist. But 'guard' makes more sense. A 'guard' is another way of saying a 'government'. A god wouldn't have to rent, or pay someone off. A world power uses tangible currency.

Eddy Brickel comes to mind..."shove me into shallow water, before I get to deep".

From "Love Don't Live Here Anymore" by Rose Royce: Instead of "just a vacancy',
I heard 'just a bacon seed' and my kids still tease me some 15 years later.

If it's not gleaming alloy air car, what is it?

Opps! It is that lyric! I hardly ever read lyrics so I haven't looked at it for ages and just assumed that what I heard was wrong, for what in the hell is an "alloy air car"?

My bad!

Yep it's certainly "god" as that is what the intent of the line is. Wonderful line btw.

I suppose everyone else could be right :scratch2: Getty IIRC is an atheist. But 'guard' makes more sense. A 'guard' is another way of saying a 'government'. A god wouldn't have to rent, or pay someone off. A world power uses tangible currency.

No he's (and it is Neil's lyric even though they all have to agree on them) saying his mind is not for rent as in empty space devoid of intelligence and lacking the cognitive ability for forming his own views on these things but rather uncritically accepting what he was culturally conditioned/brought up (brainwashed) to believe. So his mind is not "space for rent" that can be filled by any idea or belief no matter how ludicrous or lacking in cognitive content.

Off the subject ---MAYBE--- Kim Kamando (female talk show host known as the "Digital Goddess" did a spot on her show called Misheard lyrics and almost verbatium ran down every song listed in this thread-----I think we have a special lurker or a talented AKer.
Anyone else catch it? It aired this past Sunday (yesterday)

Oooo I have one specific to me I think -

Old man farted on my tree - for Disappointment haunted all my dreams by the Monkees - I'm a believer.

Monkees are really up there in that misheard category.

Cool.
Srinath.

Van Halen "playin it hard" aka Panama

A person once thought DLR said "Reach down between my legs and ease the teabag" instead of "ease the seat back".

Said person had his name legally changed to "Teabag Ballzack".
He admitted feeling quite the fool when it was explained what the correct lyrics are.

I used to do a thing back in my radio days called "Tim's Tortured Tunes" where I'd play the clip, then ask listeners to remember what I mis-heard.

Pushing the envelope, I once played Head East "Never Been Any Reason"..the clip was

"Save my life, I'm going down for the last time.."

I claimed to hear...

"Shave my wife, I'm going down for the last time."

I wasn't fired......immediately. It took a few more months of my shenanigans..

Robert Palmer's "Addicted to Love" became "My anus will fix it..."

Whenever me and my ex would be driving together and Pink Floyd's Time would be on,
I would sing over and substitute

When I come home
Cold and tired
It's good to warm my balls
Beside the fire

Finally one time she heard it without my singing and laughed and said that she thought that balls was the actual lyric. I told her that I couldn't help it that they got it wrong.

Whenever me and my ex would be driving together and Pink Floyd's Time would be on,
I would sing over and substitute

When I come home
Cold and tired
Beside the fire

Finally one time she heard it without my singing and laughed and said that she thought that balls was the actual lyric. I told her that I couldn't help it that they got it wrong.

Does that have anything to do with the reason why she's your ex ...?

When I come home
Cold and tired
Beside the fire

That's classic! To this day, when I go camping in the winter with friends, I recite the last two lines when we get the fire going. Been doing this since my teen days of winter camping and it's still funny...and true.

Back
Top Bottom