Mission 763 speakers

fuzzywobbles

Lunatic Member
Hey All,

I have been eyeballing a set of Mission 763s for sale semi locallly. I have owned several pairs of Mission speakers including the 761s which I love, but every pair I have owned/heard or bookshelf speakers. Has anyone had experience with the 763s and perhaps can give me their impressions? I expect they are voiced similar to the 761s, which makes them attractive to me.

I would likely be listening to mainly hard bop jazz, post punk and fair amount of straight up rock n roll on them. Would be powered with either a Luxman L-480 (most likely), Kenwood KA-7300, Pioneer SX-626 or Yamaha A-10.

He was asking $250 for them and dropped it to asking $200, which still seems a bit high to me? Especially as the grills would need to be recovered... I also am not sure that the stands are included but assume so at that price.

Thanks in advance, I really don’t need another pair of also ran speakers but do dig the Mission sound and looks and can’t stop contemplating this pair.

D72EBC0E-053C-4B57-B5E2-CE07CCB2BB13.jpeg

10FA9455-77CA-421B-BCEE-C9967B35CF80.jpeg

Last edited:
Give them a listen and decide for yourself. In that era I used to sell Mission and their specialty was small speakers like your 761 but of course they made bigger ones as well because that what some people wanted to buy, but apart from some classics like certain versions of the 770 and 780 they were not always that exciting. I don't remember the 763 being particularly outstanding but some members here seem to enjoy them. I would try to get them for less than $200 as they were the least expensive floor standing Mission at the time and not that expensive. IIRC the 762 was about $550 Canadian and the 763 might have been $699.

Last edited:
I have a pair in the loft and for that price you can do a lot better.
The problem is the tweeter is closed in and a bit dull.
Not what I would recommend for your type of music.
They do look in good condition though. If you can get a listen first ? See what you think. But make sure you take some music you know well.

Back
Top Bottom