Mission Leading Edge 700

twinpigs

I have 5 of these that I have not used in some time although I have always liked them. We are building a new home with a large combined great room and kitchen (48'x24'x14') in which I want speakers for background music. Thinking about mounting the Missions between ceiling joists and just having a commercial metal grill exposed on the ceiling itself. The geothermal heat and air system is designed to keep the "attic" space conditioned so the speakers will not be exposed to extreme temperatures. Will power with either an old Pioneer VSX D412 or Denon AVR 1600 receiver I already have. Any thoughts about this plan? What guage speaker wire do I need to run this far? Thanks....Wm

I have 5 of these that I have not used in some time although I have always liked them. We are building a new home with a large combined great room and kitchen (48'x24'x14') in which I want speakers for background music. Thinking about mounting the Missions between ceiling joists and just having a commercial metal grill exposed on the ceiling itself. The geothermal heat and air system is designed to keep the "attic" space conditioned so the speakers will not be exposed to extreme temperatures. Will power with either an old Pioneer VSX D412 or Denon AVR 1600 receiver I already have. Any thoughts about this plan? What guage speaker wire do I need to run this far? Thanks....Wm

Hi twinpigs,

Sounds like fun... As for wire gauge, how far is your run?

Most would say not to run under a 12AWG, but that is not really the case with in wall wire. I'd go with some 18/2 or even 16/2.

Kind Regards,
John

Back
Top Bottom