Mitsubishi LT-20 Tonearm Tracking Issues

racfan9

Hey Everyone

I recently picked up the Mitsubishi LT-20 for next to nothing but when I got home and fired it up it did nothing. A few days lated I tore into it and noticed both belts were the all familiar tary goo. So ordered new belts, cleaned the pulleys and installed and it came to life, but now the next issue is when I hit the start button the tonearm raises but moves all the way across the record and stays in the up position until I hit the stop button which it then returns to the tonearm rest. I know the prism lamps are out and the record size lamps are also. So with these lamps out is that the culprit causing the tonearm issues? Any help would be much appreciated .

racfan9,

Balifly...not sure if mine is original or not, you can check the pics. Is there anyone out there selling the complete lamp kits for these tables? Also can you visibly see the lamps shinning in the tonearm mechanism and also the two record size lamps, I don't recall seeing those light up once the start button was pushed.

Attachments

• IMG_3938.JPG
    IMG_3938.JPG
    32 KB · Views: 20
  • IMG_3939.JPG
    IMG_3939.JPG
    32.6 KB · Views: 19
Balifly...not sure if mine is original or not, you can check the pics.

Is there anyone out there selling the complete lamp kits for these tables?

Also can you visibly see the lamps shinning in the tonearm mechanism and also the two record size lamps, I don't recall seeing those light up once the start button was pushed.

I can not verify the lamp functions as my LT-20 is not being use at this time.

You may have to replace the lights with what you can find/substitute - improvise. :idea:

The headshell that you have is the original and quite light, hard to replace.

Anyone have a source for these 2 lamps used to determine record size in the LT-20, also second pic, are these the 3 tonearm block lamps?

Attachments

• IMG_3940.JPG
    IMG_3940.JPG
    76.5 KB · Views: 25
  • IMG_3941.JPG
    IMG_3941.JPG
    75 KB · Views: 25
Hey guys...Replacement lamps finally arrived and I've replaced all except the two in the tonearm block assembly. I do have a question or two though, The two lamps that shine up to the rubber mat, should they come on when the table is turned on or when you press the start button? As of now the only lamps that illuminate when I turn the table on are the two in the prism and one of the three under the tonearm.

Also is there any play by play instructions on removing the tonearm assembly from a LT-20/22 to replace the two lamps there ?

Thanks,

Back
Top Bottom