Miyajima Zero - what mono can do

davidro

Lunatic Member
I heard a Miyajima Zero on a Brinkmann Bardo table hooked up through a Gram Slee phono to a Herron pre & Yamamoto 45 yesterday. A pair of FR drivers in horn cabs.

Amazing mono cartridge! I can see why Art Dudley loves the Miyajimas. Certainly makes me dream about it. Lots of soul in the sound indeed. I didn't know mono recordings can be so resolving.

Anyone else heard this cartridge?

zero.jpg

I owned a Premium BE Mono for a few years, but didn't listen to it much at all - short on proper mono records. I don't know about that one, but the BE had no vertical compliance, so mono records cut with a stereo cutter were a no-no.

I have really been thinking about setting up a proper mono system.

My record collection includes hundreds (if not more) of great Jazz, Classical, Blues and early Rock recordings. It would be nice to hear them as they were intended to be heard.

I have really been thinking about setting up a proper mono system.

My record collection includes hundreds (if not more) of great Jazz, Classical, Blues and early Rock recordings. It would be nice to hear them as they were intended to be heard.

The owner of the Miyajima recommended AT33EV mono for bang for buck in this regard. This cartridge won't damage stereo records either.

Back
Top Bottom