Mlb 2014

KC has to keep those bats hots, and hitting base hits. Attack early, as Bum won't be starting, Hudson will get the ball. Our bullpen is well rested, so if we can get any type of rally going early, like the 2nd last night, it might be a long game, but I think it's within reach.
I think it's more the crowd that the Royals like at home than the DH rule. That and the meticulously manicured field (you need high def to appreciate it), is what they love. I've been to a lot of games at a lot of baseball stadiums, but the energy in the "K" is real. Chiefs are the same way, only worse at Arrowhead.

Isn't that two days rest?

My prediction: Hudson will give up a couple of runs early. Bumgarner will come in with as much fanfare and burden of expectation as has ever been given a pitcher in World Series history. From there, he either sets history on its ear or he shows he is a mere human given a near-impossible task. Given the former, he puts down numbers and results that have never been seen before. An all-time great at the age of 25. Given the latter, much of the shine will taken away from his exploits this year. Which were for-the-record-books good.

I hate to see Bumgarner tripped up after all he has achieved.

I think San Francisco will need to score 5 runs to have a chance.

I'd love to see the Royals win simply because they have not done so since the 80's. Given that, it's been a great WS and I will be happy for either team.

The Royals have the momentum and obviously the "Home Field Advantage", so they will be the ones to beat tonight. My money would be on the Royals, but it's still up for grabs.

The fact that I got my wish and this puppy is going to a 7th game decider is too amazing. I'll be glued to the Flat Screen tonight.

so tonight really is the end of summer. May the better team win and I like them both. One upside if KC wins...we'll get to see them 9 times next year in Detroit...a team we dominated in the Central this year.
Didn't have much faith in Peavy last night. Hudson will be the same.

You know Bumgarner has to be begging for the ball, and from the chatter I've heard in KC during the last couple weeks, he's the only thing about SF that KC really fears. I'm the first to admit, I know very little about the mechanics of professional baseball, but could someone explain why they would not start Bumgarner, then rely on the bullpen for the save, or just plain old relief? It seems like a no brainer, but I'm sure there are good reasons for what the SF staff is doing. They've been in this spot plenty, so they have real world experience. :scratch2:

Starting on short rest is not a certainty by any stretch. Beyond issues of fatigue and possible long term injury, pitchers are creatures of habit. Any disruption to their normal rest (including too much rest) frequently doesn't work out well. We may see Bumgarner in relief tonight, however.

Starting on short rest is not a certainty by any stretch. Beyond issues of fatigue and possible long term injury, pitchers are creatures of habit. Any disruption to their normal rest (including too much rest) frequently doesn't work out well. We may see Bumgarner in relief tonight, however.

Yeh, maybe it's the fact that his pitching looks sooo effortless that's fooling me. I'd sure like to see him pitch some more, but not so much tonight. :D

My money is on Bumgarner being in this game by the second inning.

He's from Hickory. He's a machine. He can pitch 12 innings if you let him!

You know Bumgarner has to be begging for the ball, and from the chatter I've heard in KC during the last couple weeks, he's the only thing about SF that KC really fears. I'm the first to admit, I know very little about the mechanics of professional baseball, but could someone explain why they would not start Bumgarner, then rely on the bullpen for the save, or just plain old relief? It seems like a no brainer, but I'm sure there are good reasons for what the SF staff is doing. They've been in this spot plenty, so they have real world experience. :scratch2:

Two days rest is hard on a pitcher, and this isn't the 60s, when they'd just run a guy until his arm fell off.

I think they're platooning their pitchers tonight. Unless Bumgarner is hurt, or Hudson is on fire, he'll be in somewhere between the 4th and the 7th.

And too much rest can hurt. Even though he was recuperating from a nagging injury, Wacha was rusty for the Cards.

Back
Top Bottom