Mlb 2014

Was hoping the Royals would pull that out. I feel bad for the KC Royals players and fans. While they're young and talented, I don't see them making it back to the World Series anytime soon and for some reason I feel they know that too.

Game 7, tying run stranded on third ... last out with a full count.

I think we can officially call it a close series!

TV said that weird two-out mess in the bottom of the ninth was scored 1B E8. It probably should have been 1B E8 E7.

Bumgarner...damn. Just...damn. Amazing.

My money is on Bumgarner being in this game by the second inning.

He's from Hickory. He's a machine. He can pitch 12 innings if you let him!

NOT from Hickory. Actually, he is from Granite Falls. South Caldwell High School. Hudson, NC if you want to nit-pick zip codes. Country Strong, which is a real thing if you know these people. His Old Man coached him (not the HS coach) through high school. As far as arm strength, he never threw breaking balls until he was drafted into the minor league. The Old Man insisted. He killed the NC tournament with two pitches. Batted .400 plus as well.

Unbelievable.

As far as prior posts, it was the latter.

Dominant performance is a term that gets thrown around a lot in sports but I think it applies with Bumgarner. That is a ridiculous ERA he has for the post-season especially when you consider that at that point he is pitching regularly against the best/hottest hitters.

Congrats to the Giants. Bumgarner is a monster.

And thank you Royals for making this a great World Series. I was rooting for ya.

What a series, I know this little cowtown will never forget the privilege of playing at this level. Not to be an "I told ya so", but once they started warming up the Bum, I actually fell asleep. :D Oh well, it made a lot of money for KC, which I'll get some of I hope, and there's always next year. Only 3 of our elite, have an option to leave, but I doubt if they will, barring some crazy offer. We'll be back, no fear of that.

GO CHIEFS!!!

I wanted the Royals mostly because the Giants had won a few already and wanted the Royals to taste glory for the first time since the 80's.

But WHAT a great Series. Last game, by ONE RUN? Drama. Very nice. No complaints.

Congrats AGAIN Giants and fans. :)

Todays news in KC:

Fans are posting thank you notes and photos to the Royals Organization and players.
The Royals players came down to a popular entertainment district AFTER THE GAME to thank the fans.
There is a huge celebration at Royals Stadium at 11:00 a.m.

On the other hand - San Francisco fans rioted and shot people (this is after they WON?)

So glad I live in the midwest! GO ROYALS!

Being a Giants fan and glad they won, I can say that Kansas has nothing but a class act team. Nothing but a great world series from start to finish. Congrats to both teams.

A discussion this morning on Chicago's The Score sports radio about that 9th inning play had these tidbits. Gordon's speed between Home and 1st was 18 mph. Earlier in the game he was timed at 22 mph. He probably thought he was running out a routine single. After rounding first he had his eyes fixed firmly on the play unfolding in left center and not on his 3rd base coach. That being said, if I'm that coach, with that pitcher having retired 14 in a row...I'm sending him. Little things win ballgames. In this case, little things lose championships. Great series.

This was a great World Series, with an incredibly high level of play from both teams. I think the only thing that might have saved the Royals last night was if Tanya Harding had been waiting outside the bullpen for Bumgarner. What domination.

Should have let Gordon go for home....

Great series and very good ratings from what I'm hearing...

Royals have nothing to be ashamed of...

I wanted the Royals mostly because the Giants had won a few already and wanted the Royals to taste glory for the first time since the 80's.

You say that like it's been a long time ...

Chicago_Cubs302.png

Speaking of Bumgarner though ... has anyone else ever posted up three wins in one series?

Back
Top Bottom