MLB 2016

Yeah, Ruiz cost them the game against the Cubbies, not that Jansen wasn't a bit off because of the new catcher. Personally, I think Roberts should have put Grandal in for the ninth, purely because Jansen and Grandal have worked together. There's no need to tempt fate by having a new catcher in a tough spot - and Ruiz is a veteran enough to understand why you do that as a manager. Rookie manager mistake IMO

Thankfully, the Dodgers kept the Cubs at bay with a great outing by Urias, and the BP kept enough runs off the board to win. Baez still shaky, he's becoming a stress head case with his slow mound antics, and not keeping people off the bases (walked two straight). Jansen rebounded nicely to shut the door on the Cubs, no matter what part of the lineup he faced. And lo, the ATL Braves knocked off the Giants, holding them to 1 run. Back to a 2 game lead, and now we see whether rookie Brock Stewart can keep us in the game and give us 4-6 innings in another day game. However, Bumgarner is pitching for the Giants so looks like ATL will have a tough time. But he's beatable, but usually only by good teams.

This last move was a mind jarring reminder of the boneheaded moves of the McCourt era, Mattingly tenure and big business, in general sucking the soul out of sports.
If the 5 foot six Ruiz didn't hit more than .230 he wouldn't be in the majors.
His short arms can't reach "purpose" pitches, God bless the little guy:)

Lost to some is how shook up AJ's roomie Justin Turner was.
The move has taken Turner out of his groove.
Let's hope he gets it back as Baseball is 100% a mental game and won't be won on pencil pushing paper #'s.

Well, the Blue Jays are still hanging in there, tied with the Sox atop the AL East and two games in front of the Orioles. But if their pitching doesn't come back (starters or at least the bullpen) they won't be able to hold on much longer.

We'll see if Happ can bust the slump tomorrow.

Nope, not today. Happ gone after 2 2/3 innings, 85 pitches and three earned runs. Game's not out of hand; let's see what the bullpen can do.

Anybody noticed that the games are taking longer since the roster expansion? Too many gratuitous pitching changes!

I don't know if it's "gratuitious" when pitchers are being evaluated for the future, or at least the playoffs.

The Cards sure decided to win in an insane fashion tonight...

I don't know if it's "gratuitious" when pitchers are being evaluated for the future, or at least the playoffs.
Yeah, but three rooks in one inning? Starting with one loogy to get the lefty-lefty matchup on a hitter who actually hits lefties pretty well (if anyone bothered to check the book on him). Regardless, these teams shouldn't be evaluating talent for the future in the midst of a pennant race if that is, in fact, what they're doing.

Now I have to wait for the highlights so I can see what the Cards did to the Pirates tonight!

Big business corporate concerns forced Dodger manager to gut the sport(s) ever further .

Crusing along pitching a perfect game with two innings left, Rich Hill is pulled for a relief pitcher, history and fans denied a wonderful possibility.

O's throw the winning run out at the plate for the final out! Britton is still perfect for the season!!

Go Cubs! (?)

Lifelong South Sider here. Do I actually care to see the Lovable Losers make it to the Big Show? I feel so confliceted and in violation of my South Side tribal oath. Cheer on The Cubs? Can I do this?

Way Way Way too young . This reminds me of Lyman Bostock who was another star way too young . So sad for his family and soon to be born child .

A storybook ending that couldn't be written any better.
Long time Dodger announcer, Vin Scully, the most wonderful sport announcer ever, calls his last game, whereby a two out two strike walk off home run in the ninth inning by a batter who had never homered, clinches the National West pennant for the Dodger.
Unbelievable and poetic ending for baseballs poetic storyteller.

Good life Vin, we'll miss you.

A storybook ending that couldn't be written any better.
Long time Dodger announcer, Vin Scully, the most wonderful sport announcer ever, calls his last game, whereby a two out two strike walk off home run in the ninth inning by a batter who had never homered, clinches the National West pennant for the Dodger.
Unbelievable and poetic ending for baseballs poetic storyteller.

Good life Vin, we'll miss you.

As a lifelong Dodgers fan, I salute and will miss the great "Vinnie". Some of my earliest baseball memories were of him announcing the Dodger sweep of the Yankees in the 1963 World Series and his call of the Sandy Koufax perfect game against the Cubs in 1965.

As a lifelong Dodgers fan, I salute and will miss the great "Vinnie". Some of my earliest baseball memories were of him announcing the Dodger sweep of the Yankees in the 1963 World Series and his call of the Sandy Koufax perfect game against the Cubs in 1965.
Lifetime Dodger fan, perhaps not so much a a fan of the McCourt era Dodgers, but always a lifetime fan of of Scully's broadcasts.
Vinny was Dodger baseball, the city, road games to other cities, the drive to the park and looking forward to the next game.
It hasn't really sunk in yet.

Back
Top Bottom