Mobile audio

Just wanted to sound out the members regarding their experience with decks for autos. I'm always looking for a better FM tuner for my car or truck. My experience over the last ten years or so is that Alpine decks are consistently stronger in the FM tuner section. I've had factory GM and Ford, as well as Pioneer, Kenwood, JVC and Sony. None of them seem to capture distant FM as well as the Alpine decks I've used. Does anyone have any experience they'd be willing to share on this subject? I'm also open to any antenna enhancement tricks that anyone cares to share.

Hi there...We really concentrate more on home audio.

I had a couple of decent car audio links somewhere. Give me some time...and I'll see if I can find them for you. The guys at the car audio sites should be able to hook you up with the correct answers.

Welcome to Ak tho...so...what kind of Home system do ya have ?

;)

take care

Thanks, I'm not new to the board but I normally post in the Vintage Audio section. I just had to buy a new deck for my truck and it got me thinking about FM tuners in auto decks. I've gotten so much good feedback from this board that I thought I'd see what the consensus was in that area, so I'd be grateful for those car audio sites if you can dig them up.

As far as home audio goes I have a Marantz 2265B, Pioneer SX-850, Harman Kardon A-402 & T-403 combo, and Onkyo A-5 & T-4 combo. My speakers are generally Klipsch and JBL. I love them all but I am thinking about letting the Pioneer go. Cheers.

For the best FM reception in a car, look no further than Blaupunkt. The higher end decks from Alpine, Nak, and others are better overall IMO, but Blaupunkt has done their homework in the FM reception area.

OK, no more car audio discussion from me!:twak:

I have a alpine cde-7870 in my audi and can pick up indianapolis!! which is by the way 110 miles to the south!:jawdrop:

McIntosh has "auto audio" now.........looks pretty nice.......if you can afford it........:jawdrop:

Back
Top Bottom