Moded Tu 717 vs Moded KT 7300 who wins

seadzz

I have a hot roddd TU 717 and am very happy with the unit. Thinking about picking up a Kenny KT 7300 and puting Dual carbs and a Hurst shifter in it.

Has anyone put the two units side by side and red line them both? Which of the two sounds the best?

sdz

This question would obviously be best answered by someone who has modded both units.

I would like to point out that the KT-7500 might be a better choice as a modding candidate because it has 5 FM tuner gangs (rather than 4 gangs found in the TU-717 or the KT-7300).

They're both obviously going to sound good. I think it'll be personal preference. But that Kenwood's tuning knob won't be as silky as the Sansui's. Simply said, that's how a tuning knob is supposed to feel.

Thanks for the input guys. I think what I should do is pick up a KT7500 or 7300 and mod it. Fortunately they are still cheap over at ebay.

Since neither of these tuners has remote controls and I only listen to two stations on the radio I guess I could convince the WAF that having one tuner dedicated to each station is the best way to go. We were on something of an "Anti-Audio" disturbance not long ago in my neck of the woods (if you know what I mean).

sdz

seadzz said:
We were on something of an "Anti-Audio" disturbance not long ago in my neck of the woods (if you know what I mean).

I think a certain KA-9100 heard it, loud & clear! :tears:

Back
Top Bottom