Sorry for the late reply...

I inspected the face plates and unfortunitaly the anodization has a rainbow look to it. So I need to start over... The fit and lettering looks fine.

I spoke with the guy that's getting them made for me yesterday. He is getting a new batch made up. I also asked him to get a set with black background and white lettering.

I spoke with the guy that's getting them made for me yesterday. He is getting a new batch made up. I also asked him to get a set with black background and white lettering.
Reviving this old thread... I just bought an 18 and it could certainly use new a faceplate. Curious to know if you've got a supply, or know anyone else who might. Thanks!

Looks like this thread has been dead for a while, but any chance the faceplates worked out? Would save me a ton of work restoring a model 18!

but any chance the faceplates worked out
Bob Speece wlhd1610 was the guy who had them made, I have yet to replace mine, but he said mine was the last he had. He may have produced more, but he is off and on the forum lately, but a very reputable person ( he rebuilt 3 of my power amps and did a fantastic job). good luck and welcome to AK, Rich

Bob Speece wlhd1610 was the guy who had them made, I have yet to replace mine, but he said mine was the last he had. He may have produced more, but he is off and on the forum lately, but a very reputable person ( he rebuilt 3 of my power amps and did a fantastic job). good luck and welcome to AK, Rich
Thanks, I'll see if I can reach out to him directly!

It might be a good idea to try and make a file that can be used with Front Panel Express. This way a file can be posted and if you want to make one they can just print it. I have used their service a couple of times now and it's quite impressive.

I should be able to transfer the solid works drawing to the Front Panel Express software.

In actuality this could be done for nearly any Marantz faceplate.

I have it at work, I'll see if I can get it Monday. I can try and translate it to FPE software. I would not recommend trying to use the import function on the FPE software. I tried it and the results did not pan out.

I have it at work, I'll see if I can get it Monday. I can try and translate it to FPE software. I would not recommend trying to use the import function on the FPE software. I tried it and the results did not pan out.

how about a PDF file would that work ?

Don’t sweat it too much. Solid Works, PDF, or FPE. Whatever is easiest for you. I’m working in Vectorowrks so I can definitely import a PDF or solid works and export it myself to whatever we need.

Don’t sweat it too much. Solid Works, PDF, or FPE. Whatever is easiest for you. I’m working in Vectorowrks so I can definitely import a PDF or solid works and export it myself to whatever we need.

here you go.

Attachments

• Marantz Model 18.pdf
    314 KB · Views: 32
here you go.
This is amazing! Thank you! You just saved me so many hours of work!

@txturbo if you still feel like sharing your Solidworks file, I'd love to take a peek at it as well.

I'll keep you all posted on how it goes. I might even just creating a stencil and screen printing the text on the old plate after it's polished up.

This is amazing! Thank you! You just saved me so many hours of work!

@txturbo if you still feel like sharing your Solidworks file, I'd love to take a peek at it as well.

when this was made my original plate had an E missing in the Stereophones in the bottom right corner so it was duplicated the same way you might want to add the “E” for your own unless you have also the same miss print.

I'll keep you all posted on how it goes. I might even just creating a stencil and screen printing the text on the old plate after it's polished up.

The only thing is on the bottom right where it says Stereophones there is a missing “E” I had a miss print on my original plate and I duplicated it so you may want to add the E back for your own unless it’s the same.

@WowMarantz To be honest if you hadn't told me that I probably would have never noticed! Thanks for the heads up. I think I have a font that should work for that.

Back
Top Bottom