model 4000 appears to work but at low volume

chizor

hi folks, testing out this model 4000 receiver, it seems to play and function properly... but the volume is consistently low. i couldn't find any control making a poor connection that would cause this, and the power supply rails are all at the proper voltages (i think the high one is 67V). where would you look next?

Have you checked the level adjustment pot and screw position from the back of the unit?
I've read it caused similar problem than yours for many.

Is the volume low on all functions? Try inputting something in the tape monitor channel. I had the same problem as you with the low volume, but found out through the tape monitor switch, my cassette deck played ok. Cleaned the switches for the selector switch, (which are located underneath in the back of the unit), and it fixed the problem.

thanks folks, these are great suggestions. in the event, Mr. Nick's theory paid off -- the culprit was the level adjustment pot on the rear. all the pots on the front seemed cleaner, so maybe the unit was previously installed with the rear facing a kitchen or something. three cheers for your help!

Back
Top Bottom