Model Eleven GX

quaddriver

120 What?'s per channel
Subscriber
Sisters BF dropped this off, was in a harsh environment too scritchy to listen to etc etc

opened it, cleaned the dust bunnies and dust yaks out of it, shot the controls, got it working, noticed she is warm, pulled up the 11G manual (did not find GX online) and it has the idle spec at 22mv across the emitters, but the manual on hi fi is split such that its not clear WHAT to hook the test probe to, I see TP20 and 30 and VRe1/2, but there is another TP all the way across the emitters so I went there. It was using these points - 68mv right, 89mv left, I got it down to about 40 both, but thats as low as it goes.

Its still too much if that is correct and it wont set more, meaning I am gonna recommend that some lower level silicon be matched and replaced. it uses older 992/1845 pairs and 945/733 sets - all of which I have but then there are what look to be sot32 packages

99% of my kenwoods were tekes, or KR's 66 watts or less (like 7400s, 4600's 5600's etc), or a ton of 4070-ish stuff...so its not my first rodeo, but it is my first rodeo on this particular brand of bull....

any advice from the learned members here is appreciated, or even a clearer scan of the test points.

it works, is fully lit (stereo light is out) and is in strong 8/10 physical condition except for that crap bottom plate made from basically fiber board (they could not add $1 to the price to give it a real bottom?)

Back
Top Bottom