Model Question

Kenwood Man

Kenwood Love'n Member
Hey Guys,
I had a question for you regarding the G 22000 and G 33000 Sansui's. I'm looking at buying my friends 22000 when he decides to get ride of it and I'm curious are there any differences between the 22 and 33 thousand models besides wattage? Did they have any other upgrades that made the 33000 superior to the 22000 besides the obvious 80 wpc increase in power? I’ve been trying to find more detail specs on these models for a while to answer this question but no such luck yet. So I just thought I’d pick you brain on this. Thanks for any help

TTYL,

I believe there isnt a significant difference between the two models other than the Wattage and the extra weight of the G-33000's power amp section (approximately 65 pounds vs 57 lbs. The Tuner/Preamp section of both models weigh the same).

The Sansui brochure combines both the G-33000/22000 and all the specs, other than wattage, apply to both models which implies that the aside from the wattage & weight, they are the same. Further supported by the fact that the front panel controls & switches are exactly the same - including the generous 2 headphone jacks (also featured on the 9090DB :)

B/F

The Service manual suggests absolutely no difference on the preamp/tuner section. One service manual for both units with one schematic for the preamp.

The topology of the poweramp sections seems practically identical to my ignorant eye. Echowars may be able to answer this better but I don't know if he has enough asprin. ;)

Thanks Guys,
Personally I have no need for the extra 80 wpc, but if there were other differences that made the G 33000 superior to the 22000 that would make me rethink my decision. The biggest thing now is going to be whether my buddy ever decides he doesn’t want that beast anymore. Maybe I can pry him loose considering he's a modern gear junky. It’s interesting that all Sansui did for its TOTL model is increase the wattage of the 22000 by 80.

Anyway thanks for the info! :)

KM- :saywhat: What MORE do you think shouldve been added to the G-33000 receiver to distinguish it from the G-22000? Or to rephrase, what more do you think couldve possibly been added, a 3rd headphone jack? :)

B/F

LOL Well I think that it should have been 7000 wpc and the size of a house. jk lol NO I just found the differences only in wattage interesting thats all! lol I didn't expect that they should make them worlds apart from each other.

Thanks for all the info!

You'se truly,

Alrighty then, KM :) I think the G-33000 just about reaches the limit of what one can make out of a receiver that was built at that time. If 300W isnt enough for Ya, then look no further than the Sansui shown in my avatar- its the most heavy duty amplifier that Sansui ever built and the type of amplifier that can power a live concert sound system if need be, as 2 ohm loads are no problemo' for "The Monster". If thats not enough, two BA-5000's can be bridged for 600W operation. And according to a 1977 magazine review I have, two BA-5000's can actually put out closer to to 700 Watts without breaking a sweat.

B/F

Very cool Beatle! I'd love to hear a BA 5000 sometime. I've never had the opertunity to listen to that amazing unit inperson! I hope to someday aquire a G 33000 but at least sometime but I can aquire that 22000 if my friend will part with it! lol

TTYL,

Back
Top Bottom