Model Twenty Five Bleed Over

kln138

I scored a cosmetically, good looking, model 25 with a Garrard 95B turntable (It's going away and a freshly serviced ELAC Miracord 50H is replacing it) installed on top. Even the smoked turntable cover looks decent. I checked it out and started re-capping the power supply and replaced the main filter caps. The majority of the capacitors are tired. After completing the power supply, I was giving it a listen and the right channel went away. Sprayed Super Cool on a transistor on the right channel of the tone board. Right channel came back. I guess the tone board wanted some attention too. Replaced all the caps and transistors on the tone board. Its jamming now. I like to do one area at a time and give it a listen.

Here's my problem: I'm running an iPod through the AUX enjoying music when I decided to change the function switch from AUX to FM. Clicking through the functions I can still hear the music from the AUX on phono, FM, and AM. However, its only the right channel bleeding through. I honestly don't know if this was happening prior to the tone board recap and transistor replacement.

Any ideas? Is it a tone board issue, switch or ?.

You guys are awesome and your help is always appreciated!
Keith

Correcton: Left channel is bleeding through. It's getting late and I don't know right from left!

I had the same thing happen using my iPhone when I was rebuilding my 2275. Turned out that I was running the levels too high out of the headphone jack. Bleed went away when I turned down the output level of the phone. Not sure if this is what's happening with yours.

Where can I find more info on a "Benjamin" Elac Miracord turntable? I believe its a west germany or just german made turn table. very old. came out of a retired war vets storage unit.

The Model 26 has a service bulletin on how to correct RF bleed through the phono inputs. Maybe your problem is related? It's on the last page of the of the Marantz 26 Service Manual in the AK Database.

Back
Top Bottom