Modest componets, great sound!

Discussion in 'Members' Systems' started by Doc Zinger, Feb 23, 2011.

1. MarZutra

MarZutra Super Member

Sounds like a nice project. Thought I'd post after reading about your new project and speaker cloth. I had to repair and get all new cloth for my Epi 1000 towers. Geri at Newcastle Fabrics/Accoustone will be able to help you out. They many different fabrics to choose from. I think I posted her email address over on my Epi M1000 resto thread someplace.
    Kudos on your new project and hope to see pics when you get started. Best and Merry Christmas from over the border...

2. Doc Zinger

Doc Zinger Well-Known Member

After my last post I've done some rethinking and have decided if I have any chance to sell my speakers and amps I have to include the total system. Since all the components were selected/modified to work together it only makes sense. Just have to find someone as crazy as me with a few bucks to spend. Have it on Craig's List now.

Pics with grills.

BA Stereo19852014.JPG hubs and speakers19852017.JPG hubs and speakers19852018.JPG

Last edited: Apr 9, 2017
    Old Guy8 likes this.
  3. Tube Radio

Tube Radio Super Member

Maybe so, but what equipment sounded good to you might not sound good to someone else.

4. mark warren

mark warren Always Learning! Subscriber

That's way cool! I bet she goes!

5. vrm71

vrm71 New Member

Would love to hear that system!

6. Klipschound

Klipschound New Member

Alas, I just sold my big, bad Bozak B4000s. The neighbors down the block would complain, if I went to 9 o'clock on the volume knob. Now, I'm in retirement facility where the big speakers couldn't even clear their throats. I have to be content with Klipsch Forte and 20 wpc. Still, I can crank briefly on a Saturday night and even invite friends in for a "Musical Depreciation Evening". My system sounds great, after champagne and goodies. But I envy you your 'concert grand' system! In 1962, I wired three Dyna-Kit systems for friends and felt a great satisfaction in helping create a lasting pleasure producer like the little tubed amps, pre-amps and tuners DYNACO sold for so little. Wish I'd kept a set for myself, seeing how they've appreciated. Thanks for the interesting super system story!

7. Doc Zinger

Doc Zinger Well-Known Member

Sad and happy time, the old system is history, sold all 4 speakers this week and have the rest on C list and E bay, 40+ years with those guys hard to let it all go. But have more of a desire to use the space for a heated wood working shop with some space to work without moving a lot of stuff.

Have been building some acoustic guitars (3) and want to see how far I can go with it, more as a hobby endeavor than anything else. Will be a lot easier than working out of my garage. Still have a nice floor standing speaker set up and have a Dayton 18" driver I need to build a cabinet (or small refrigerator) to house. to complete the system.