Modest Little System Upgraded

Discussion in 'Members' Systems' started by wmoskoviz, Mar 10, 2017.

1. wmoskoviz

wmoskoviz New Member

I upgraded this system yesterday with the addition of a Technics SL-Q20 Quartz Direct Drive Turntable. Installed a new P-Mount cartridge with stylus. Little surprised how nice this table is for a entry level unit. Its dead silent, has an anti skate feature, and up / down cuing slider in front and sounds decent. Just needed to have about 10 years of dust and grime cleaned off of it. Also added a Yamaha Equalizer EQ-70, and a Marantz 5025B Cassette Deck. I previously posted a picture of the Sony CD player and Technics SA 5470 Receiver. I had to have a custom cut piece of wood made to mount the turntable. They guy is a wood worker who even slotted the bottom of the wood so it would lay flat on top of the equalizer that has raised edge in front. He sanded the board and glued some walnut looking vinyl on the front and sides so it has a nice finished look. PS..I don't know what that white mark is on the Polk speaker as its not present in the other picture.

Enjoy

BILL

Attached Files:

Treyfus84, Nightwisher and Ds2000 like this.
  2. Rome

Rome Holsum Honey Buns Subscriber

Nice!

Rome

3. Nightwisher

Nightwisher Farer In The Goldilocks Zone Subscriber

Sweet! Those Polk M4s are great.

4. wmoskoviz

wmoskoviz New Member

Thanks... You are correct, those M4 Polks are nice for a small speaker, and American made too !!!! If you look closely there is an original "Discwasher" setting on the corner of the Receiver. I need to find another with all the goodies at some time.

Nightwisher likes this.
  5. Quadman2

Quadman2 Super Member

Understatement with the use of "modest". You have taken care and attention in your pursuit for better sound. Along this trail there are many following you, myself included.

Have great listening,

Q

Nightwisher likes this.
  6. mark warren

mark warren Always Learning! Subscriber

nice stuff! I would let air in there so she don't get to hot...........:rockon: