Monday Tunes

Started off with some NPR blues and Jazz. Moved on to Muddy's Folk singer which is sounding absolutely Killer ! :)

A new score from the week-end- Alasdair Roberts, Farewell Sorrow- kind of a Scottish version of Will Oldham. Mostly acoustic, vaguely Scottish traditional sounding (but no bagpipes). Great cd.

It's a little Grateful Dead compilation this morning.

"Althea" is the current tune.

On deck: Allman Bros. "The Road Goes On Forever" remaster.

JDaniel

ps - hey Dave - there's a bonus or two in the package I mailed ya last week. Happy Thanksgiving.

Right now I'm listening to a great compilation titled "Harpin' Vol. 1" that was but together by a fellow AKer. Thanks JDaniel!

-Dave

Spent the evening with Siegel Schwall Shake, and some early Vangard years on vinyl, finished dinner with some Bread, mellow after some active Blues.

Jim

I have today off too,have to work Tuesday but then I am off until next Monday.

Start the day with John Mayall & The Bluesbreakers...Blues Forever

yes!:guitar: :yippy:

Alan

Trying to get some work done (yeah right), listening to one of my top five all time albums - The Allman Bros. - The Road Goes On Forever Remaster..

The few of us here at work today all brought food - Christmas cookies, sweets, pumpkin bread, a crock-pot full of Cheese/Rotel/Hamburger dip with chips. I'm gaining weight with each passing hour.

JDaniel

On deck: A Best of Ryko records compilation

Dave, Yep I do rock & roll but today seems to be another story:

Van Morrison: Too Long in Exile

Lyle Lovette: My Baby Don't Tolerate

Miles Davis: Best of CD on blue note

playing some CD's on the Lector today! a little burn in is good.

Starting out the day with a little Allman Brothers Band - Brothers And Sisters from 1973. Not a bad way to start the day - not bad at all.

JDaniel

Dave - Sounds like you like the newest Lucinda Williams. I just love her voice. Based on your comments, I may have to pick it up. For some reason, I hesitated in buying this cd, and Annie Lennox - Bare. I now regret not buying both. I guess these will go on my "buy" list, along with the new Lyle Lovett, and the new Sarah MacLachlan.

JDaniel

Back
Top Bottom