Monday Tunes

Playing now: Mazzy Star "So Tonight That I Might See"

An amazing album with Hope Sandoval's amazing voice!!

john

Now it is Lucinda Williams Car Wheels on a Gravel Road. An outstanding album. That voice just reaches through the speakers, wraps it's arms around me, and ..............................

JD

Listening to a blues stream on my POS computer speakers.
Will somebody please slap some sense into me?

Carl

Thanks Man! Fired up the MC's, got Muddy Waters at Newport
going. Whew! It was getting ugly :stupid:

Carl

Originally posted by JDaniel
Now it is Lucinda Williams Car Wheels on a Gravel Road. An outstanding album. That voice just reaches through the speakers, wraps it's arms around me, and ..............................

JD

I know the feelin' Jeff, like when she says the word "baby" in "Fruits of My Labors". ;)

-Dave

Originally posted by Dave918
I know the feelin' Jeff, like when she says the word "baby" in "Fruits of My Labors". ;)

-Dave

Yup. :naughty:

I'd even have to think seriously about another wife if I could find one who could talk like that..........

Had some good stuff spinnin' today.

John Prine: Greatest Hits

Sticky Fingers MSFL version

Guess Who American Woman

DB: some very good stuff indeed!

I'm spinning an AK recommendation from JDaniel, "Car Wheels on a Gravel Road" by Lucinda Williams, courtesy of the local library system!

Playing Govt Mule. THANKS, Dave918! Will be playing a couple more Dave sent me. Sheesh. I was whipped opening that lil' box and seeing those CD-R's!

Off topic, but I've got to figure out how to work the rip and burn and such.

I was playing Humble Pie at the Whiskey A Go Go '69. Now Thank
Christ For The Bomb from The Groundhogs. T S McPhee is an
amazing guitarist.

Carl

Working through Carlos Guitarlos Straight From The Heart from my OKLA amigo;) . Thanks. Very diverse, raw music on here. I like it alot. The cd doesn't flow well (the styles change too much), but one their own the individual songs are great.

What are the rest of you listening to this morning? And if you aren't listening, then duh, that's why you're having a crappy Monday morning.

JD

I'm taking a break enjoying some Bob Wills and his Texas Playboys. My dad sure had a lot of these records, books too! Me now though.

Carl

I'm mellowing out a little after work while the crew does homework. Right now it is Dave Brubeck Quiet As The Moon. On Deck is more Dave Brubeck Jazz At Oberlin.

Once homework is done, I promised the boys I'd give them a chance to beat me in a few games of pool. I already beat them in basketball in three games of H-O-R-S-E after school. They get a little better all the time. Dear ole dad won't be winning too much longer. They already beat me at pool regularly, and I'm not half bad at pool (a direct result of a mis-spent youth hanging out with my older brother).

JD (hopin everyone else is mellowing out a little as well, or rockin out, or proggin out, or whatever is your preference).

Back
Top Bottom