Monday Tunes

Lets kick with Montrose, Jump on it!

Played some Thompson Twins, and now playing is the second side of Johnny Winter's Still alive and well.

Last edited:
I was inserting a few new discs in the ceeedeeee rack and ran across an old friend, and just had to play it: Jackson Browne Running on Empty.

JD

Susan Tedeschi - "Wait for Me" pushed through my "new"

Klipsch KG2's the SX-780 seems to really like these speakers.

Dave

Now spinning Disc 2 of Aerosmith's A Little South of Sanity. Not a huge Aerosmith fan, but they are awesome live, and this collection captures it well.

Started out jumipmg around a bit...and settled on the Fifth Dimension...On the musicmatch MX artist on demand......this is great ...anything and everything you want to hear, when you want to hear it.........a whole variety of tunes at yer fingertips....ceptin' specfic tunes...but give em' time.....

something you might want to look into Dave!!!!!if you havent already....;)

After waiting almost 6 weeks for a new Denon DL-110 cartridge to show up, I spent about an hour setting it up in the HK T-60- broke it in with a very clean copy of Peter Gabriel's "So" at elevated volume. I be VERY happy about now. Moved on to Norman Blake's Fields of November", a treasure of traditional picking. Can't wait to get some hours on this cartridge.............

:D

So far, it's been a Blue Monday. I drove in with a very cool blues compilation I picked up at Target for $2.00 (and it's money well spent).

Best of the Blues

1. _ Thrill Is Gone, The - B.B. King
2. _ Stormy Monday - Bobby Bland
3. _ Lonesome Mood - John Lee Hooker
4. _ Brownie's New Blues - Brownie McGhee & Sonny Terry
5. _ Why My Baby (Keep On Bothering Me) - T-Bone Walker
6. _ Little Bittie Gal's Blues - Big Joe Turner
7. _ Moanin' The Blues - Memphis Minnie McCoy
8. _ I Like To Live The Love - B.B. King/ Bobby Bland
9. _ Turn On Your Love Light - Bobby Bland
10. _ Chains And Things - B.B. King (with Carole King on Piano)

Up next - some java.

JD

Currently spinning on my 40 GB hard drive ( :D ) is;

The Guess Who -(Green Eyed Lady, American Woman and Clap For The Wolfman).

Up shortly, Townes Van Zandt and Warren Zevon.

Well todays been a very music monday here at my home.

Ive listened to
Harry Connick Jr - only you
Mary Chapin Carpenter - shooting straight in the dark
norah jones - come away with me
nelly furtado - whoa nelly
Faith Hill - There you'll be
Blowin the blues - best of the great harp players.

Im sure that there will be more to come as I still have to work yet tonight and it is always better when I do it to some music. :banana:

Hey Man...

I'm listening to " Boston" 1st album.
then McCartney & Wings, Foghat, Humble Pie, Frampton Comes Alive, Blue Oyster Cult - Don't Fear The Reaper, KIZZ, Alice Cooper, Journey, Styx, original " Bad Company with Paul Roger, Thin Lizzy their Live and Dangerous album, ZZ Top,
Moody Blues, Led Zepplin, Elton John, The Who, The Eagles...yes!, The Beatles, Jackson Brown, James Taylor, The Doobie Brothers, .......:guitar:
SilverDove
:banana:

Last edited:
Now playing Crowning Of Atlantis from Therion. :)
On my PC:yuck: Shoulda put it on my SS bedroom rig and just cranked it!

Carl

I've been slow in posting today. Today's playlist looks like this:

John Prine "Lost Dogs & Mixed Blessings"

Charlie Daniels "Redneck Fiddlin' Man"

Delbert McClinton "Room To Breathe"

And now playing: Bruce Springsteen "The Rising".

JD

No time for tunes today until now, so I got some catching up to do. Tonights line up -

Steve Earle ~ Copperhead Road
Anne McCue ~ Roll
JJ Cale ~ Grasshopper
Kasey Chambers ~ The Captain

-Dave

Sitting here waiting to e snipe a scan tool cable playing Jethro
Tull's A Little Light Music. :p:

Carl

Originally posted by Reel 2 Reel
Started out jumipmg around a bit...and settled on the Fifth Dimension...On the musicmatch MX artist on demand......this is great ...anything and everything you want to hear, when you want to hear it.........a whole variety of tunes at yer fingertips....ceptin' specfic tunes...but give em' time.....

something you might want to look into Dave!!!!!if you havent already....;)

Whoa! missed this one somehow. Haven't looked into musicmatch yet R2R, But I will!!

-Dave

I'm chilling out with one of my top 5 bands from the 80s - The Psychedelic Furs. I haven't listened to this stuff in years. Takes me back to college (at least what I can remember).

Any other P-furs fans?

JD

Drove in with Los Lonely Boys this a.m. I don't think I'll ever tire of this album. I just found out they will be here in town in May as a headliner as part of a 3-day outdoor music festival we have each year called City Stages. They basically close off 6 blocks of downtown and put up about a dozen stages. From noon till midnight each day - a variety of artists. I'm definitely doing to catch LLB.

Now I'm listening to my new Gotta Lovett comp. A little Lyle Lovett music is always a good thing.

And I'm really pumped - I just picked up another Vintage Marantz, Model 2220, in excellent condition for $25. I can't wait to get this home and check it out. I'm gradually building a classic stereo system for each of my kids, to give to them one day when they are wise enough to appreciate it. My plans are to do the same for each with a classic car. I'm meeting a guy tomorrow to look at a 1970 Chevelle.

What ya listening to?

JD (it's spring break week here - one more day of work then it's vacation time for a few days - off to the mountains for some hiking, fishing, and relaxation.)

Cross Canadian Ragweed ~ Soul Gravy on the drive in this morning. Some really good tunes. Some of you will be getting a sample of these guys!!

-Dave

Back
Top Bottom