Monitor Audio Radius 360 sub repair

Fsatsil

I took my little Monitor Audio 360 sub out of storage to use with my newly purchased JBl L20Ts. I hooked everything up , pressed play and about 30 seconds later the sub stopped working. To make a long story short the sub has a bad amp board. Monitor Audio has the complete plate amp available for around $250 but that’s like 5x more then I spent on the sub in the first place. So I asked for the schematic and to my surprise they actually sent me the pdf. I’ve traced the problem to blown output and driver transistors. I figured this should be an easy fix until I tried to source the replacement parts. They are Toshiba 2SC5198/2SA1941 for the outputs, 2SD667/2SB647 for the drivers and 2SC1815 in the front end. These are mostly parts are obsolete/discontinued. I can find replacement on eBay but from personal experience buying transistors on eBay is a bit of a crap shoot. Any ideas in suitable replacements? Im not sure if it’s ok to post the schematic here? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

fsatsil,
discovered the amp on my 360 is shot too. wondering what you ended up doing with yours.
thx
ac

Back
Top Bottom