Monoprice 8323 headphones- Wow!

Has anyone done any mods? The cups are just a bit too small compared to my AKG and Hifiman models, and hurt my ears a little, which grows bigger the longer the session. I think a thicker ear-pad to increase depth a bit would also help comfort, and in a different material. Anybody do anything to theirs?
I've had these headphones for awhile now and they are good for the price. If anybody wants more comfort over the stock earpads then I highly suggest getting the Brainwavz HM-5 Protein PU Leather pads. Not only do they add extra comfort, they increase the soundstage and slightly tone down the bass.

I've had these headphones for awhile now and they are good for the price. If anybody wants more comfort over the stock earpads then I highly suggest getting the Brainwavz HM-5 Protein PU Leather pads. Not only do they add extra comfort, they increase the soundstage and slightly tone down the bass.

I just ordered these for my 8323 on the advice from another AKer. Cheaper than Brainwavz at $14.00 (Amazon). And they are angled plus look pretty much the same.
Tranesca leather replacement earpad/ear cushion/ear cover for big OVEREAR Headphones ( Fits a great variety of headphones)

I bought a pair of Tranesca protein leather pads for $13 from Amazon. Extremely comfortable, wedge-shaped and much thicker than the stock pads... improved the sound as well as comfort. They are a bit larger, providing more space for the ear.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B06XRH8WPJ/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I just ordered these for my 8323 on the advice from another AKer. Cheaper than Brainwavz at $14.00 (Amazon). And they are angled plus look pretty much the same.
Tranesca leather replacement earpad/ear cushion/ear cover for big OVEREAR Headphones ( Fits a great variety of headphones)

Great minds and all that...

They are FAR more comfortable than the stock pads. The thinner cloth overlay on the drivers makes the highs and upper mids more pronounced. Between the Macetron BT DAC/amp, the new earpads and different sourcing these 8323's have taken on a very decent sound. No more muffled tones. Pretty crystal in fact.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom