MONOPRICE INDIO ELECTRIC GUITAR

Discussion in 'Musical Instruments' started by turnitdown, Dec 11, 2018.

1. turnitdown

turnitdown Well-worn member Subscriber

I build and repair guitar amps for fun and a couple of the music stores send repairs to me. I only do tubes now because of too many SMDs, goofy modelling circuits etc. I needed a guitar to keep in the garage so the Tele can stay inside.

Got the above guitar, with promo code, for $79. Can I say that?

Here it is.

https://www.monoprice.com/search/in...li+Classic+Electric+Guitar+with+Gig+Bag+White

I'll get it set up at one of the stores here. We shall see what I really got.

grantly likes this.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. grantly

grantly AK Subscriber Subscriber

Monoprice fascinates me. They sell everything from Yeti inspired coolers to electric guitars, with cables and hifi equipment in between.

I’m curious how your guitar will work out. Ideally it will be great for what you paid for it.

3. turnitdown

Yes, I am amazed too.

I have a good relationship with the music stores and the place I take it for setup will be honest with me. Besides, if the body and neck are good, it can be hot-rodded with better pickups, etc.

4. Mystic

Mystic We're all born mad

I'd never heard of this "Monoprice" enterprise until now. I'll have to check around this site's offereings a bit.

5. turnitdown

I just received it last night. I'll get some pictures up. I can tell you it looks sweet and has a nice finish. The frets need a little filing on the end and I will have my guitar tech set it up and do that work, but tonight, I'll play it a little and see what it does.

6. JohnMac

JohnMac Addicted Member

I've heard that for the money their tube amps are pretty nice. I'm interested in the 5 watter.

Last edited: Dec 18, 2018

Please register to disable this ad.

7. hjames

hjames beware - winter is HERE! Staff Member Moderator Subscriber

Woah! They even have a 40 watt amp with 10 inch speaker and reverb spring for under $100!
    https://www.monoprice.com/product?p_id=611800

I've bought hard drives, connectors and cables from them in the past, but - they have really branched out!

cratz2 and turnitdown like this.
  8. JohnMac

JohnMac Addicted Member

It looks like several of their tube amps are out of stock. I'm not surprised with the holidays here and at those prices. The 15 watter seems to get a lot of love.

9. cratz2

cratz2 Addicted Member

Good luck with the guitar.

I'm sure they have a niche market and wish them luck but for $100 in general, I think a used Squier Affinity or maybe even a used Squier Standard is likely to be a nicer choice for an entry level strat tye guitar.

Obviously apples and orange since one is new and one is used, but for $100 to $120, the Squiers above the Bullet level are pretty nice.

turnitdown likes this.