Montgomery Ward Model 450

I gather that it is fairly rare, but I guess some things are rare for a reason (like a Yugo)?

Why would you think that? Montgomery Ward was one of the biggest retailers in the country for years. Just because it's old doesn't mean it's "rare" and your right, not everything rare is valuable.

They sold a few high end radios in the late thirties that are very collectable but most of their stuff after that was low to mid range at best. Nearly all their electronics, until the seventies, was sold under the Airline brand name. Later stuff did carry the MW name.

Last edited:
I meant that it could be rare because it was junk to begin with (hence the Yugo reference), and most of them got tossed.

I'm still wishing I knew what a Monkey Ward 450 *is*. It would be helpful if the posters of these threads would say 'radio', 'amp', 'vacuum cleaner' etc. Most of us do not have a catalogue of model numbers in our heads.

1971_MONTGOMERY_WARDS_450_KEVIN_JUNE_20_2011_PP15216A.jpg

I'm still wishing I knew what a Monkey Ward 450 *is*. It would be helpful if the posters of these threads would say 'radio', 'amp', 'vacuum cleaner' etc. Most of us do not have a catalogue of model numbers in our heads.

It's a stereo receiver, however it felt like it weighed as much as that snow navigating contraption posted.

Haha, looks like I started a kerfuffle. Cool snowmobile! Appears they also had a model 450 shotgun.

Well now, that thing may have been made by someone worthwhile, for MW. Sounds interesting, if it was heavy.

Must not be a very good flipper if he set himself up to pretty much break even. Better him then m.e I suppose.

Back
Top Bottom