Moody Precision Tools, The Best!

I am ordering more additions to my Moody precision tools. Moody makes the best precision screw drivers, nut drivers., mini wrench sets, etc, that I have ever used. It is a real pleasure to use high quality tools, and such tools sure makes the job easier.
http://www.moodytools.com/MTI_Index_4.html

View attachment 1161401

View attachment 1161402

Nice,

I like Wera, I'll check out moody. I use Wera for work, their torx drivers are great.

Thanks for the tool recommendation!

You ever play with the Bosch "Go" driver?

Kind Regards,
John

The Wera tools look good. I have not used the “Go” Driver I need something smaller then my big Dewalt electric screw driver. Thanks for the turn on in both areas.

IMG_20180412_195946.jpgIMG_20180412_200913.jpg
Elsewhere on AK, there was recommendations on this driver. I bought one at Lowes for $15 over winter. Accessory set of 5 long driver bits were sold separate for $5.
No torque adjustment. Works fine for electronics, for me. USB cable included, but no wall wart. An AKer posted he had disassembled and found a replaceable battery.
The blue ring of handle is a rotary switch, cw or ccw. I like it.

Attachments

• IMG_20180412_195946.jpg
    IMG_20180412_195946.jpg
    107 KB · Views: 6
Last edited:
I have one of these 4v drivers
I just saw a display at lowes late last week.
I did not see the long bits but now I'll go see if they have those, I would happily go $5 for a set

I have one of these 4v drivers
I just saw a display at lowes late last week.
I did not see the long bits but now I'll go see if they have those, I would happily go $5 for a set
My Lowes only had the bit sets left, recently. I bought four sets. I think thats a good price.
edit: Hammerhead Drivers still available for $15. I'm getting a backup.

Last edited:
Wera as mentioned is a favourite of mine another being Knipex
for the trades guys where their front and centre in your tool pouch.

I have a whole set of the Hakko tools, fantastic, and you are correct when you start using tools like this Harbor Freight doesn't really hack it anymore. This is what is so fun about threads like this not only do I alert people to my favorite tools but I get info about other people's favorites.

Moody has "Spring positioners", these are gift from God when working with tensioning springs in old radios that used them in their tuning systems. The one I use is the 2nd from the top, “Light Push / Full hook.
D5109C85-59AA-47C0-94A9-6F1D45BE2BD4.jpeg

Doing these springs with a needle nosed plier will bring out the inner Baboon.
7FDA1C6C-CDCF-409F-B27A-543FF67F7469.jpeg

I have a random assortment of fairly crap precision screwdrivers, maybe its time to check these out.

The Hammerhead 4 Volt screw driver is available from Amazon. Just ordered one will have it Sunday. interesting it has a built in wire stripper, can be used to put a loop on the wire for attachment to electrical lugs. an LED Flash light, and a non-contact hot circuit detector.

DC42F91F-3670-4FFC-A405-9D9252E5D3A8.png

Last edited:
The Hammerhead screwdriver uses a standard 18650 Li Ion battery. :thumbsup: I have 18650 batteries with twice the capacity of the installed battery so when I need to replace the battery it will be an upgrade. This is prefect for work on light duty stuff. I have a big contractors grade Dewalt that can install mondo lag screws.

Last edited:
View attachment 1161497View attachment 1161501
Elsewhere on AK, there was recommendations on this driver. I bought one at Lowes for $15 over winter. They since quit offering. Accessory set of 5 long driver bits were sold separate for $5.
No torque adjustment. Works fine for electronics, for me. No USB cable included, but needed for charging. An AKer posted he had disassembled and found a replaceable battery.
The blue ring of handle is a rotary switch, cw or ccw. I like it.

That recommendation was from me ;)

Fantastic driver for audio work, lows has them in store for $14 bucks all day every day.

Battery is an 18650, uses metal (not plastic) cogs. 8lbs of torque.

The bosch Go is the same size, but I would use the Hammerhead for audio work. Just less room for error.

I also use the Dewalt Gyro, good driver as well.

Kind Regards,
John

index.php

"Go" and "Gyro" As you can see the GO is a lot smaller.

I have a whole set of the Hakko tools, fantastic, and you are correct when you start using tools like this Harbor Freight doesn't really hack it anymore. This is what is so fun about threads like this not only do I alert people to my favorite tools but I get info about other people's favorites.

Moody has "Spring positioners", these are gift from God when working with tensioning springs in old radios that used them in their tuning systems. The one I use is the 2nd from the top, “Light Push / Full hook.
View attachment 1161834

Doing these springs with a needle nosed plier will bring out the inner Baboon.
View attachment 1161859

Love the tool thread. Super cool man! My job allows me to play with a lot of great tools, crap is as fun as audio. :)

Back
Top Bottom