More Craptastic "Popular" songs

Sandy G

Retired Member
Here's a poser for you wahoos- What current songs are there that will be played to death, a la "Maggie May",, "Stairway to Heaven", "Gimme 3 Steps" & a few other chesnuts ? Most of these were pretty decent songs when they came out, but after the 1st 350 gazillion times you heard 'em, they kinda wore out their welcome. There's one already trying to worm its way into my head- Some sweet lass singing about "This is my Fight Song, this is the right song (or whatever)... This oughta be a fun exercise..

Let's TRY to keep it reasonably clean & NO insulting anyone's religion, genitalia size, the usual. I just wonder what will be annoying us collectively about 2057 or so..

Satisfaction: Used to really like this song.

Back In Black: How did AC/DC so mainstream?

Probably thousands more.

I avoid listening to popular music due to having to listen to "Feels Like The First Time" more than once 40 years ago. Done pretty good, too. Can honestly say I've never heard a Madonna or Brittany Spears song in its entirety.

I avoid listening to popular music due to having to listen to "Feels Like The First Time" more than once 40 years ago. Done pretty good, too. Can honestly say I've never heard a Madonna or Brittany Spears song in its entirety.

Good job sir.

That is pretty much how I feel, especially with the ease of finding and listening to good music these days.

I+Hate+Radio+Hero.jpg

I used to listen to a station in New Hampshire who's slogan was "You'll hear music here that you will not find on any other station. They did play some interesting stuff so I would put it on during my commute to hear some groups I wasn't familiar with. Then they started playing Babylon by David Gray nonstop for several weeks.

I decided their new slogan should be "You'll hear music here that you will not find on any other station, but we will play it to death. I'm not a David Gray fan to begin with, but the station's aversion therapy now has me break out in a cold sweat whenever one of his songs comes on the air.

Reactions: Rt8
Lotta good music out there. Lotta bad. As it ever was. Take one from Column A, one from B, and play 'em til you hate 'em. Then mention 'em in this thread. Got it. :biggrin:

Being that pretty much all of the radio stations (of all genres) in the two markets that I have the most access to (Pittsburgh and Cleveland) have been purchased/destroyed/strangled by ClearChannel (you can tell I am a fan LOL), the list is far too extensive to post. Take the same 10 songs, put them in "heavy rotation"--but don't worry, they will update the list of songs to "beat to death" or "jam down your throat" in a couple weeks...

Sandy asked...
Here's a poser for you wahoos- What current songs are there that will be played to death,

For me most of the radio stations I listen to are classic rock or a station that has old blues, so I don't know much current radio play.

I can't say they'll be playing this in the future, but for a long stretch a few years back, Lady Ga Ga's "Poker Face" was played way, way too much.

HOTEL CALIFORNIA! The main reason I do not listen to the radio anymore. Also because there are no decent stations in the KC area. My opinion...

I don't even think it's the artist's fault, but it seems that they play the same 4 or 5 songs from Billy Joel (Piano Man, Scenes From an Italian Restaurant, Big Shot), Dave Matthews (Crash, Space Between) and many other artists such that when the announcer says were going to play a classic from Eric Clapton that it will likely be Tears From Heaven or I Shot The Sheriff).

The point is that there is good music from these and other artists, but all you're going to hear on most radio station is the one or two hit songs they had.

Back
Top Bottom