More Craptastic "Popular" songs

Billboard schmillboard, Stairway.. was ardently embraced, almost immediately in fact, by the contemporary rock cognoscenti and especially folks who'd admired the progression of the '60s British Blues movement, Pagey's role and development re: the movement, and so much more. We were not taken by surprise, folks, by IV. We expected that ****er. We assumed that ****er.
Before my time, but that's how figure it.
Heck, my dad anticipated the first one before it even came out. And he was a kid in a northern Ontario town.

Also, I thought Stairway not being a Billboard thing was because it wasn't actually released as a single? It just kinda became one.

I don't play it on purpose, but if it comes on the radio I don't turn it off.
It's funny, I have it, the LPs sitting there, along with a lot of similar stuff from my youth. I really don't think I will ever feel compelled to put it on again. I am having too much fun discovering stuff I haven't heard before from all over the decades. As you say, I am likely to stumble across it on the radio often enough anyway.

Anything by Erika Jayne is CRAPtastic. If that means something is so unbearably crappy its craptastic

Back
Top Bottom