More sad news, AK member dshoaf had passed away

I just saw this post, and it makes a quiet Sunday morning a bit more somber and reflective for me. I don't believe I ever participated much with David, but I do remember his posts and online presence. Always a positive force, always cheerful, always helpful, and always kind.

Today is the first day of our lives, and its perhaps our last day. Dave left us a great example on how to live, and how to treat our fellow Akers. He will be missed here, but I do believe he has met up with our other members, and there does come a time where old friendships will be continued. We have to just wait a little while, because this time will come for all of us to.

Regards
Mister Pig

I will view this slightly differently to everyone else. I do wish David well on his continuing journey. It would appear that his death was extremely quick. That, in and of itself, is a great blessing. If you cannot understand what I am conveying take my word for that.

It is good to live a long life. It is even better to depart the body quickly. David was blessed. Do not doubt that even when he has passed.

He joined 2 months after me. I will miss him very much.

Wishing peace and strength to his family. Always enjoyed reading his posts. He was very knowledgeable about 70s era Sonys.

Oh just seeing this...how terribly sad! I met David earlier this year when I bought a pair of KLH Model Fives that he had restored while in Santa Cruz. Only had a few minutes to speak with him but he was a lovely guy(learned he was an active jazz musician as well and had been for many years in the area)and as others have said always enjoyed his wisdom and humor on this forum.

My deepest and sincerest condolences to his family and friends.

Oh man im so sorry to hear this. I've never met David. I would PM him on stuff and he was always willing to share his knowledge without hesitation. Very thorough on his answers. He truly cared for fellow enthusiasts and enjoyed supporting fellow audio hobbyists.. Just like the majority of the folks here at AK. Thank you very much Dave! May you enjoy eternal bliss in heaven. You will be missed.

64 is Way Too Young!!!
My oldest Brother is going to be 67 in a few days..

My Condolences to all of those who knew him.

He had a way of getting to the point, of finding consensus, and of communicating information with a sense of grace, that very few manage.

I've seen him defuse what could have been very contentious situations (many of which probably were just misunderstandings/people talking past each other), and keep many a thread "on track" to a productive solution. For that, he will be greatly missed, IMHO.

Regards,
Gordon.]

Back
Top Bottom