More Sad News

LBPete

Rolling Along
Subscriber
I just found out that CDFixer (Jim) passed away yesterday. This is another great loss to the Sansui community. Jim didn't post that often but he was the first to identify many of the common fixes that are now part of "tribal knowledge." He was also a personal friend and mentor to me.

Apparently he had a heart attack. I'll try to get more details, especially funeral arrangements. I'm sure many of the local AK members will want to pay their respects to his family.

- Pete

I have a CDFixer Sansui rehab running right this very moment. As far as I am concerned it is a legacy of Jim. My heart goes out to all the family.

this is sad news. he just worked on my au-717 -- sheesh. he told me what CDfixer ment but I forgot - it wasn't compact discs, something about electronics he fixed in the airforce

What a loss - indeed sad news. Jim recapped my first Eight - he ran into some unexpected trouble - a driver that he didn't think 'scoped' out right. I was a total newbie, but he patiently explained everything and dilligently laid out the options to proceed - I felt in very good hands for sure. He was a gentleman through and through and so forgiving of all my silly questions. Condolences to his family. Rest in peace.

Back
Top Bottom