More Sad News

Guys, Jim died suddenly Friday of a heart attack. He had a large loving family and any of you that had contact with him know what a friendly, warm, generous guy he was. His loss must have hit his family hard.

If you have gear being service by Jim, please allow some time for the family to grieve before contacting them about your gear. Give them at least a week or 10 days. If after an appropriate amount of time, you haven't heard from them, I will get involved.

- Pete

That is bad news indeed, he has long been a valued member here, and his contributions were many and of excellent quality.
I hate hearing of the passage of fine guys like him.....RIP

Very sad indeed. I offer my deepest condolences to Jim's family. Nothing I can say will make it easier on them. I'd like to thank Jim for the numerous and generous advice he provided here during the years, much of which was unique and invaluable. I'm sure he helped others as much as he provided assistance to me and I will be for ever grateful. Rest in peace Jim, you will be missed dearly.

RIP Jim, thank you for setting the foundation here and helping people fulfill there dreams.

Pete send condolences to the family for us please.

Very, very sad. Jim helped me with my Sansuis early in my excursion into the brand. What a generous and kind man. I know he was huge USC fan. A friend of mine still has an 8080DB he fixed for me.

RIP Jim.

I also add my condolances and well wishes to his family. Jim helped me with a challenging restoration of my CA-3000 and worked on it diligently and pateintly until all was resolved. He was a great guy and indeed a huge USC Trogan fan and was good natured about my being a Stanford fan, except on game day! JIm you will be missed!

WOW. That news hurts. Jim was an awesome guy. I remember being new here and having issues with some of my 9090's. Jim would be the first to offer his help. The last 9090db Issue I had Pete & Jim worked on to get my machine going. Who remembers some of the Jim's Frankinsui machines he worked on?

WOW. That news hurts. Jim was an awesome guy. I remember being new here and having issues with some of my 9090's. Jim would be the first to offer his help. The last 9090db Issue I had Pete & Jim worked on to get my machine going. Who remembers some of the Jim's Frankinsui machines he worked on?

He was awesome! He would tackle almost anything you needed to be repaired and was an excellent troubleshooter. The last thing he repaired for me was an Akai reel to reel that I tried to fix myself and really mucked it up. He spent a lot of time getting it back to spec for me. I will think of him every time I play it.

He helped a lot of us on this mortal coil to keep the music alive!

Yes that's it Pete. I feel real bad. We lost a great guy here. He will be missed

Back
Top Bottom