More Sad News

Am I mistaken or wasn't he @ the meet LBPete organized?

I thought I remember talking to him there but that was a while ago of course, and unless I am very much mistaken you were there Bart with some very nice gear..

Yep, that was the Buena Park event. We all had a grand time and we need to do more of these local ones. You had flown down for the BP event? And what the heck are we doing up so late (early)?

Just heard through this thread about CDFixer/Jim passing away. So sorry to hear about this but so very glad he contributed so much to this forum and the art of troubleshooting our gear no matter what the make.
Just for my memory, wasn't Jim in the Buena Park area for awhile? I remember he was at our SoCal AK meets in Buena Park and Cerritos some 10+ years ago.

RIP Jim.
Yep Mech, he was in Buena Park off of Beach, just north of Malvern. Maybe a long mile from me. Funny, I recall now the first time I met him, before I knew of AK, was when he was a volunteer polling station worker during the elections, probably 10 years ago!

I’d always look for his truck parked on the little frontage road of his apartment complex when I was going north on Beach. You couldn’t miss the truck, USC stickers and a large decal that read to the effect “In Memory of My Jenny” with the birth and passing dates of a daughter who had become ill unexpectedly and passed. I pray that they are at least reunited now. He was really unforgettable.

Last edited:
Hi RMac, yeah I just read about his losing his daughter so young, only 40. A parent’s worst fear. RIP both of them.

To clarify, CDFixer hosted that event at his condo complex. I did help put it together but he was the prime mover. Here's a picture of Bart and him during the raffle. It's not a particularly good picture of either of them but it's what I have.

Jim and Bart.jpg

- Pete

To clarify, CDFixer hosted that event at his condo complex. I did help put it together but he was the prime mover. Here's a picture of Bart and him during the raffle. It's not a particularly good picture of either of them but it's what I have.

View attachment 1386700

- Pete

Thanks for that Pete, it was a great event and both you and CD helped make it great. Although as a long suffering UCLA Bruin fan (during the Pete Carroll heyday especially), I was honored to work with a big USC booster. Today both football teams pretty much have hit bottom.

Back
Top Bottom