Moronic Postal Worker Picks UP My FedEx Delivery...Again!

My Postman is a vinyl addict with over 10,000 albums. I've seen them. We recently started trading LPs. He's like a walking encyclopedia. And he never mucks up the mail.
Is he named Bob, by any chance?

Ha Ha! Word got around my mail route that I bought and sold records (I sold a customer's collection for him). People would come out and tell me they had records to give me. I'd drive over after work and pick them up. I'd split the profits with them and we were all happy. I did make them put a stamp on each album to keep it legit. :D

Sounds like a lazy worker, as the shipping labels are distinctively different and say Fedex or USPS on them.

FWIW, I drop off my cartons as I want a scanned receipt for eBay, but that doesn't mean the USPS couldn't grab a carton that was delivered off the porch.

I have a small UPS Store box. I have all my packages sent to the store and they hold them in the back for me. If I have anything to send they only give the delivery person the correct package(s). Works out great. It's $140 per year but I need it for my business, so I would have it regardless.

And I don't have to worry about expensive items sitting on my porch (coming or going).

This same worker regularly delivers my mail to my next door neighbor and his mail to me, consistently turfs my lawn while backing out of my drive, and at least once a week delivers mail to me with the wrong name, street number and street. The only thing on the envelope that matches my address is the zip code.

Love reading about these antics. Any updates?

LOL.

I'm in love with my USPS delivery woman. She delivered one of my packages clear across town, to an address that sounds nothing like mine. I had a delivery notice via email, and no package. It took me over 3 weeks of complaining to the postmaster. Finally, my mail lady knocked on my door with the package. She explained that she was training a new girl, and that the new girl actually remembered the house she took my package to. The mail lady had to knock on their door and asked for it. The people stated that they had intended to return it to the post office, but hadn't got around to it. They gave it to her, and she brought straight over to my house. I was super happy, because the item wasn't really expensive or important. She even told me the address of the misdelivery, and we laughed at how boneheaded the mistake was. I was wondering how blond the new girl is/was.

And then I met her. She delivers to my house now. She 100% blond, beautiful, and a complete sweetheart. She's a stunner AND friendly. The older lady that trained her is hot, too.

Viva the USPS !

^^^

Boy, nobody ever called me hot when I delivered mail except if the temperature was over 90 degrees. :(

bFlOqx9.jpg

USPS is fairly decent here. Although for about a month, we had a carrier who would start her day by scanning all the packages as "delivered" while still in the PO parking lot in the morning. (The carriers leave the PO between 9:00-9:30am.) That didn't last long, and we haven't seen her on this route since. Pure laziness IMHO.

UPS is good here with special instructions--I have instructions with UPS to deliver to the side door, and they do. FedEx, not so good. This house isn't big, but if I need to sign for a package, the five seconds FedEx waits for me to walk all around to the front of the house to open the door, they're already hopping back on the truck. Even though my account says "side door," it's rare they will deliver it where I want it.

man, i haven't seen the USPS in as long as i can remember, of course, I live in Canada. I can say that delivery people in general suck - FedEx is usually pretty good, Canada Post is very reliable - but UPS can burn in hell - i pay extra to have Purolator do deliveries even when they're going to a commercial location, just because i can't bring myself to give UPS the business.

Service varies by country. Back when I shipped tens of thousands of packages per year (in the 80s and 90s), we used to joke, "Sooner or later, Purolator." If we had an overnight shipment, it would take them a day or two to pick it up. :D Back then, FedEx and Emery were pretty good at picking up on time and getting it to the customer; in the early 80s, UPS wasn't yet in the overnight package business. The best they had at the time was "UPS Blue" which became 2nd Day Air.

Anything I get from the EU by DHL is either very late, or very torn up. It cost Amazon a few times when after a month, I didn't receive my package and I reported it missing. Three to four weeks would be a fast delivery for them. I complained, but Amazon only gave me a vague answer about it being cost-effective.

Wow. What did they do to you?

it's what they didn't do - deliver a package....so many times - final straw was me waiting at home for a package, which i had gone to the trouble of having my buzzer code printed on the delivery label - so of course, they don't even buzz - and i have to waste an hour in the car driving to the depot and back, and then 45 min in a huge line because no one there felt like attending the customers. Literally no one at the counter during business hours for like 20 mins, and that's just after i arrived, no idea how long they were napping before i got there.

i'm a contractor for can post, letter carriers are brutal for not attempting delivery
i had a parcel for a house yesterday ... got there while the letter carrier was still on the block
she had taken the time to attach the parcel to the homes mail box with elastic bands .... i knocked on the door and delivered my parcel ... they were home ... it would have been faster for the letter carrier but she never attempted.

they have a gadget used to measure parcels if it fits in the gadget it goes with the letter carrier .. if not it comes to us.
can post owns purolator and as such we are starting to share deliveries ... there is also a new thing called puropost ... meaning your parcel started as puro but got transfered to post.

btw can post is in the middle of a strike vote right now .... it will take til the end of the month to complete we are being told strike by union employees and lockout by managment .... that will be july 2 if it happens ...either way ... i will be out of work as i am niether employed by can post or member of thier union.

they have already told walmart and amazon to make alternate arrangements

Back
Top Bottom