Most common album at yard sales, thrift stores

As for CD's, I would bet that every thrift store in America has a copy of Chumbawumba's "Tubthumping" and REM's "Monster."

WE're discussing record albums (vinyl) here, not CD's
I applaud the new guy's thread de-railing skills.
North of the border you'll almost always find at least one of the Big Shiny Tunes comps in the CD bins, along with some Alannis Morrsette, Jewel, and Bryan Adams.

Vinyl? The same old copies of The Moms & Dads, and that Heijenti kid are always there. Plus some Babs and Manilow.

I applaud the new guy's thread de-railing skills.
North of the border you'll almost always find at least one of the Big Shiny Tunes comps in the CD bins, along with some Alannis Morrsette, Jewel, and Bryan Adams.

Vinyl? The same old copies of The Moms & Dads, and that Heijenti kid are always there. Plus some Babs and Manilow.
I bet there is a fair amount of Platinum Blonde too?

Welcome to AudioKarma. Just pay attention and stay on point and everything will be okay.
Or maybe just go with the flow and not get worked up about a topic that has been beaten to death many times before he's been around, before you've been around, and I've been around.
This topic pops up every 6 months or so. No need to get all serious about it. It's all in good fun.

Carol King Tapestry. These things have multiplied like rabbits over the years. I see multiple copies still sealed in most record stores I visit. One had a whole stack sitting on the floor.

Yet somehow I haven't been able to get a good copy for my collection.

James Last. Mantovani. Roy Conniff. Herb Alpert. Ukrainian Christmas music. etc. all seem to be in ample supply.

It's all good. You can see in my profile picture that I am a vinyl guy. I'm of the age that grew up in the 80's and calls anything that came out on vinyl, 8 track, cassette, and CD an "Album."

ConradH mentioned Ed Ames. I have been trying to think of his name all morning, thanks. I have also seen a lot of his albums as well and I can’t think for the life of me why? He was an actor, early TV if memory serves. I am sure that helped his record sales as opposed to his singing ability. At least that’s my humble opinion.

Someone also mentioned Andy Williams. My mom loved Andy Williams and I was constantly tormented with that soda pop drivel as a child! I’m not sure how I survived.

Back
Top Bottom