Most Common Parts Needed For Fishers!

Good write-up, Larry.

Carbon comp are excellent for grid stoppers for their are non-metallic and non-inductive properties - about all I use them for now.

Let's add the Pomona 6/32 banana receptacles. These can be used as five way binding posts. They accept banana plugs or you can unscrew them a bit and clamp a wire or small spade lug underneath.
While I have included the parts listing from Mouser, I have no affiliation with Mouser. But you can get the specifications for the component. One is for black and one is for red.
I use them on the output taps and the center channel taps for use with powered subwoofers. Not cheap, but certainly convenient.

If I should do this another way, please just let me know and I'll fix this post.

http://www.mouser.com/Search/Refine.aspx?Keyword=565-5699

Black: 565-5699-0

Red: 565-5699-2.

Last edited:
Let's add the Pomona 6/32 banana receptacles. These can be used as five way binding posts. They accept banana plugs or you can unscrew them a bit and clamp a wire underneath.
While I have included the parts listing from Mouser, I have no affiliation with Mouser. But you can get the specifications for the component. One is for black and one is for red.
I use them on the output taps and the center channel taps for use with powered subwoofers. Not cheap, but certainly convenient.

If I should do this another way, please just let me know and I'll fix this post.

Hi Don!:banana:
Can you fit 4 of these onto the output strips?
4,8 and 16 and the Common, all at once?
Thanks love for posting this!
Phyllis

Where are you getting kite string at. No one carries stuff like that around here anymore. (between Annapolis and Baltimore.)

Larry my last roll came from Walmart. I got it earlier this summer as my Hallicrafters S-38C cord was broke. It was in the middle of one of the isles in a display with a bunch of kites.

Larry, take a ride to Ocean City, MD and visit The Kite Loft on the boardwalk. All the kite string you could ever need or want!

walyfd;

I've lived in Md. for 43 years and only been to OC once (and that was in '72). No desire to go back either! They take in $$$ faster than a $50 hooker on fleet week.

I'll see if they have a website.

Larry

I lived in VA Beach for 6 months. Went to the boardwalk there only once in all that time. There was a driveby shooting that night and we heard it about 2 blocks from the incident. ZERO chance of me ever going back. They did have a lot of great consignment shops (which is where I found the RCA Mk I), Goodwills and Salvation Army stores. Wish I had paid more attention to the stacks of records and everything else people were getting rid of...

Here's their website: http://www.kiteloft.com/

Tuner string spring!!!

For those who lose the spring on the tuner wheel when restringing the tuner, these two should work.

Spec's for the original

Wire diameter- .021
Body diameter- .240
# of active coils- 21
Body length without end loops- .447
Total spring length with end loops- .725

And the new parts from McMaster CARR.

http://www.mcmaster.com/#9044k194/=og0nqd
http://www.mcmaster.com/#9065k194/=og0ogc

These were spec'd for the 400 but may also work on most FISHER TUNERS.

Thanks to IMTUBEHEAD for the specs and APPLE SCRUFF for the McMaster CARR #'s.

Larry

Replacement Jewels can be ordered from Mouser they are T1 LED lenses:

Here are the part numbers from Mouser:

593-2000G for the Green ones
593-2000A for the Amber ones
593-2000R for the Red ones

Last edited:
Adding a few more colors to Apple Scruff's Post #53

And for Yellow, blue, clear, frosted clear
593-2000Y - Yellow $.28ea.
593-2000B - Blue ""
593-2000C - clear ""
593-2000GLO - Frosted clear $.39ea.

Hi Fisher fans: Does anybody knows the capacitor values of the in-built caps of the
limiter IF transformer. I can not find a replacement for the transformer, so I was going to replace the damage caps. This is a Fisher 500-c. Thanks Martin

Hi Folks
I have a source for 1N2326 diodes that are needed to do the bias pot conversion for the Fisher hybrid amp 690, 49A and 59A.
These are nearly impossible to find. A post was done by Larry and myself giving the insturctions and components alone with several photos.
It is under Fisher 59A amp Conversion.
Juan at the supplier was great to work with, even sending me photos of the diodes to be sure they were the correct ones.
Here is the contact information:
Juan Enriquez
Electronic Expediters, Inc.
3700 Via Pescador
Camarillo, CA 93012
805 764 5318 ph/fx direct

Hi Fisher fans: Does anybody knows the capacitor values of the in-built caps of the
limiter IF transformer. I can not find a replacement for the transformer, so I was going to replace the damage caps. This is a Fisher 500-c. Thanks Martin

vint; This would be better served in a regular thread of it's own. Once someone comes up with a part #, THEN you could post up the info here.

Larry

Let's add the Pomona 6/32 banana receptacles. These can be used as five way binding posts. They accept banana plugs or you can unscrew them a bit and clamp a wire or small spade lug underneath.

I think I see how this works now. So does the threaded portion screw right into the terminal strip? In other words, one is supposed to remove the standard jade screw that is in the stock Fisher terminal trip, and then screw this Mouser unit in its place, correct? If this is the case, is the thread an exact fit?

Back
Top Bottom