most creative album covers

ashra2.jpeg

This LP is pretty trippy, only two tracks, linear spacey tripped out Krautrock with some guitar that reminds me of very early Eddie Hazel era Funkadelic, speaking of...R-405301-1133348191.jpeg.jpgR-405301-1133348183.jpeg.jpg

Ambrosia- "Somewhere I've Never Travelled".

That is a great album, both sonically as well as musically, another one of Alan Parson' s masterpieces.

325510b.jpg

The Pentateuch of the Cosmogony was a double vinyl album released in 1979 It came with 48 page hardback book which was conceived, written and fantastically illustrated by Patrick Woodroffe, the music was written and performed by Dave Greenslade with help from Phil Collins on drums on some of the tracks.
Pentateuch_of_the_Cosmology.jpg

Dave+Greenslade+The+Pentateuch+Of+The+Cosmogon+147712b.jpg

WoodroffeTriumphGrn.jpg

David Allan Coe's Spectrum VII isn't too crazy compared to these prog bands, but it's my favorite album cover. So ridiculous.

DavidAllenCoe_SpectrumVII-1.jpg

I recall back in High School enjoying the Styx Paradise Theater album cover. The entire album was a story.

More obscure progart
every-prog-rock-album-cover.jpg

Not that obscure. That's the central panel of Hieronymus Bosch's "Garden of Earthly Delights" triptych painted around 1500, a famous painting that has been used for many album covers. For example, Dead Can Dance's Aoin uses a detail from this painting.

Dead_Can_Dance-Aion_%28album_cover%29.jpg

Back
Top Bottom