most creative album covers

This is creative how?
Wow... I guess I wasn't expecting to have to justify my definition of "creativity". Much like art, creativity (or not) is in the eye of the beholder. The simplicity, beauty and majesty of old American culture, and the complexity, downfall and disrepair to today's American culture are what I see in this album cover. Whether *you* feel it expresses any creativity, does NOT preclude any others from seeing it. This is an "Author's Opinion" thread. I offered my opinion. I should not have to feel I need to defend said opinion, even though I just did. Much like your offering, I could certainly challenge your comment with "what sickness is expressed, that ANY of us would "indulge in""? Your opinion of sickness and creativity differ.

I was always fascinated by this album cover since I was a teen with all the fantasy creatures and characters. Elton John, Captain Fantastic and the Brown Dirt Cowboy

Fleetwood Mac - Mystery to Me
Every since I was a kid and my dad bought it, I've found that cover just odd but one I enjoyed looking at.

Fleetwood-Mac_Mystery-to-Me.jpg

Circle of Dead Children - Psalm of the Grand Destroyer
0004161720_10.jpg

Pig Destroyer - Prowler in the Yard
Pig-Destroyer-Prowler-in-the-Yard.jpg

Meshuggah - Koloss
1000x1000.jpg

Agoraphobic Nosebleed - Agorapocolypse
0001025159.jpg

Converge - The Poacher Diaries
a0449576506_10.jpg

It's not as wild as some of the ideas here, but I think the cover photo of Cecile McLorin Salvant's Dreams and Daggers has an interesting perspective and juxtaposition of shapes, which also fits her music and style. (Photo from her site).

DREAMS+AND+DAGGERS

I don't own it, but there was a video game that came out last year called Cuphead. It was well received and very hard, but featured animation styles reminiscent of the 1920s. They produced a vinyl version of the soundtrack that was four discs, and fitting with the aesthetic of the game, they made the packaging 1920's style as well:

klri_cuphead_lp.jpg

klri_cuphead_4lp_det1.jpg

klri_cuphead_4lp_det2.jpg

klri_cuphead_4lp_det3.jpg

Back
Top Bottom