most memorable live performance

millerdog

The Mod Squad
thanks PatS.
Here in Hawaii, we don't get to see the band you guys do..:mad:
I saw Robert Plant and he covered some Led Zep stuff...I saw Ozzy! Van Halen (twice), Santana, Motely Crue, Metallica, Def Leppard...
I have also seen and was stoked! Dave Sanborne, Basia, Manhatten Transfer, Joe Satriani.
I love live music:D
My best is:
Rush.. the sound
Devo....so much fun!
Oingo Boingo...fun again
Manhatten Transfer...crowd kept yelling "Birdland!" Janice says "good things come to those who wait"
Chicago...damn!
And finally, the Eagles on their Long Run tour....what can I say?
Who rocked your world live?
md

Motley Crue - Dr. Feelgood tour

Metallica - Black Alblum tour

Those two stand out in my mind :D

Thor,
On the Motley Crue Feel Good tour, were you listening to the band or watching the chicks dancing?lol...I saw that tour too:D

Most recently I saw The Who in Detroit. I came out feeling that I had just witnessed the best classic rock concert that I personally have ever seen. The energy that Townshend and Daltry have makes this act appear as fresh today as it did 35 years ago. It was helped, in part, by superb sound execution by JBL, and, no I am not a JBL fan per say,

Years ago, I went to see Dire Straits - back when I think they where at there best - only 3 or 4 (vinyl!!) albums out. This would probably be my most memorable accept the back up band that night was Stevie Ray Vaughn! My most memorable (SRV) and second most memorable where on the same night.

Billfort

Thor

I was the guy throwing Beer Bottles at Mutly Cruel ...I whacked Tomy lee with one long before he had a chance to whack Girls
:eek: Oh yeah they were opening up for kiss and got Boed off the stage not long into their set :p:

Vey first concert was Iron Butterfly and Jefferson Airplane. Grace Slick walkeds onstage with a bag of LSD and just threw handsful out to the crowd.

Favorites:

The Who-1969. Ears still ringing!:bigok:

Little Feat-First tour after reforming w/o Loewll George:sadwave:

Delbert McClinton-Sandy Beaches tour:nutz:

Allman Brothers w/Dickie Betts/Little Feat-:guitar:

Robert Cray/Delbert McClinton. Warfield Theater, S.F.:zoom:

Eagles. Hell Freezes Over tour...Need I say more?:angel:

Glad I don't hafta pick just ONE!

:D George:cool:

Motley Crue rocked! It also had some cool laser stuff too, also had the hottest chicks in the audience of any concert I've been too. Telsa opened for them and they were pretty good too.

Rush, Signals Tour.

Lifeson up front, Geddy to the side with his bass strapped on standing behind a bank of keyboards, and Peart sitting on a rotating platform with an acoustic drumset facing forward, and a digital drumset facing behind. The drumsets were stationary. The "lazy susan" rotated 180 degrees to allow him to switch off on drumsets seemlessly (which he did, even within songs).

Awesome.

The best concerts I have been to are Jethro Tull's 25th anniversary tour - IMPRESSIVE. Ian and company played just about all the good songs and no fillers.

My best concert story was how a friend of mine and I got to go to see Living Colour: my university buddy called the hotel, and asked to talk to the bass player. Since this group wasn't well known the hotel clerk passed the call over. He lied to him about being a big fan of him when he played with the Yellow Jackets and all sorts of other shit. We met with him shortly before the concert, bought hima bottle of wine, and we git free tickets for a pretty good concert.

Chris

KISS-Dynasty 1979 San Antonio,TX:tongue:
Iron Maiden-1983 Pieces of Mind Tour Corpus Christi,TX
RUSH-Moving Pictures San Antonio,TX
Motley Crue-Shout At The Devil McAllen,TX
Forienger-4 Tour San Antonio,TX
KISS-1996 Reunion Tour San Antonio,Dallas,Houston,TX:tongue:
KISS-1998 Lost Cities Tour Austin,TX:tongue:
KISS-2001 Farewell Tour Austin,TX
Lights,Bombs,Loud amps,Girls,Great Music,what else do ya want?!
:guitar: :yippy: :ntwrthy: :ntwrthy: ::grnbounce

Last edited:
Jethro Tull and the Who (they played Tommy), on the same bill , at Tanglewood in Lenox Mass., summer of 1970... uh or was it 1971...

oh, my brain hurts remembering back that far! :confused:

San Antonio, Texas shows
Pink Floyd - Divison Bell 1994
Diana Krall - 2002
Ottmar Liebert - 2001
Gypsy Kings - 2000
Basia - 1999

going way back
Doobie Brothers 1981 Memphis, Tn
ELO 1976 Mobile, Al

Gee can you tell I've mellowed in mid life?
:rolleyes: :D

CONCERT

Led Zepplin -Toronto, Maple Leaf Gardens/1972

The Doors - Toronto, 1969

Saw Led Zepplin three times Toronto. Not many people can state that.

Legendary Live shows

The Who, Who's Next Tour, Summer 1971; Summer 2002 Tour
Derek and the Domino's - Fall 1970
Amnesty Intnerational tour, 1985 (?) - U2, Sting, Peter Gabriel
Tina Turner -- anytime
Jefferson Airplance, Fall 1970
and of course,

Woodstock, 1969

I went to a killer outdoor concert at Steiner Ranch on Lake Austin in the late '70s.

The Band
England Dan & John Fort Coly
Firefall
Fleetwood Mac
a few others

Got to the campgrounds the day before--talk about a tryptomine induced haze...:D

Bigmacc & Doug & Jim, Ahhhh, how I envy you.
To see live the bands that I love, but alas, was too young then. My Dad always said I should have been born 10-15 years earlier. To see the Zep, Jimi, The Doors ect. will be but a dream, thank GOD for vidieo!
And who doesn't wish they could of been at woodstock!

Getting to the Question, for me it would be,
The (used to be) annual Speedway Jam they called it. which was a outdoor concert held at the local race track with bands like Foghat, Humble pie, Rush,B.O.C. 1978-85 or6
Iron Maiden- 1981
Ozzy at least 5 different times
Dio a couple of times in the mid 80's
Judas Priest
Ted Nugent
Metallica- Here and some where in Mich.Pine knob I think(I forget, I was usually drunk and high and on acid when I went to concerts then)
Queensryche
I've seen almost all of the concerts at the Toledo Sports Arena. What I really loved about concerts held there, was that you didn't have to sit in a specific seat, you could go out on the floor and party!

Derek

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom