Most people (71) on-line

MikE

Color Me Gone
Just noticed we set a new record for most regulars / visitors on-line today (71). Cool! MikE

yeah I realized that too, it happend last night at 10:55, I got off at 10: 20, damn! wish I stayed on longer

maybe I could start a thread say in a week from now (that way everyone can see it) at XXX time, everyone go on, and see if we can break the record. that would be cool :)

Problem with that is, of the 71 record, more than half are guests, and you never can control just when there will be lurkers hanging around the site.

On BB's with a membership of less than 1,000, it is normal to have somewhere between 3%-10% of members online at peak. The larger the base membership, the more this figure sinks to the bottom of that range (as you normally get a greater share of inactive members). With BB's with a membership of 20,000+ the percentage online is usually less than 5%, although this varies depending on the subject matter of each forum.

With our current registered membership of 330-odd, we should expect (using a percentage of 8% to be conservative) around 26 members at peak. So to "break the record" it means you need somewhere in the region of 45-50 guests lurking. Usually this happens when someone posts a link on another site to a specific post on AK.

Tim would be able to tell us what the average number of guests online at "peak" times has been over the last few weeks - this will give us an idea of the quorum we should expect online during peak times given our current membership base.

Interesting stuff ... :)

New Record!

And I wonder what prompted last evenings out burst? I was on-line when I saw the new total and checking the demographic noticed there were only 14 regulars logged in.

MikE

Back
Top Bottom