Most Wanted Muscle Car?

hardrock94

What was your most wanted muscle car? I'm gonna take this back to 1963,the beginning of the muscle car era. The car you lusted after but could not afford. Money or insurance wise.:sigh:

1973 SD TA. I had just got my license and wanted one like no other. This was right around my defection from Chevy's to Pontiac's.

Well, lessee.

'71 Mach 1... one of them green ones.
1971_ford_mustang_mach_1-pic-6695488295697908038.jpeg

Last edited:
My cousin bought her first brand new car out of college. A 69 roadrunner, she still has it. Her brother in law restored it a few years back. She got it right before I was born. I always wanted that car.

Check my avatar

I had my 66 GTO (which I still have) and was very happy with it. :yes:

When my brother purchased a 1972 455 HO T/A, it became my new benchmark. When he sold it a few years later, it broke my heart that I couldn't afford to buy it, as I was a college kid. :sigh:

I somewhat got over it years later when I acquired a 1973 SD-455 T/A!

And to top it all, I have the car now that topped my "most desirable" list just a few years ago! :thmbsp:

FloridaMachine.jpg

My user name is mine. :) the machine. :drool:

I saw one of those at the local cruise night this past Thursday. There was also a neat V8 Pacer, a fast looking Gremlin, one of the last Hudson Hornets and... a Nash Healey LeMans coupe. It wasn't that big of a show but the AMC family was well represented.

I saw one of those at the local cruise night this past Thursday. There was also a neat V8 Pacer, a fast looking Gremlin, one of the last Hudson Hornets and... a Nash Healey LeMans coupe. It wasn't that big of a show but the AMC family was well represented.

V8 pacer that would be cool, not your typical muscle car but it would be fun. It sure would turn heads. :yes:

Being a die-hard Chevy fan, I can't help but accept the fact that the all-time greatest muscle car was the Hemi 'Cuda. Period.

Depends if an AC Cobra qualifies or not. If not, a 1967 Shelby GT 500 Mustang.

Not like we are going to nit-pic what a Musclecar is and a ponycar is.........

I passed on a real 289 AC cobra in 77 for $2K. :smoke: Hindsight and all. My friend has just got a "like new" Boss 302 for 2K why buy an old 60's car for 2K??

I will not talk about the cars I have sold.

Back
Top Bottom