Most Wanted Muscle Car?

I hear ya, Adam, yessiree. Those two are worthy of mentioning, however, the Olds had a measly 100HP, and the Hudson had a better 145 HP, and they were impressive for their time, but when the '55 300 pre-B 354 Hemi came out, it just ate those cars for breakfast, literally.

The Oldsmobile was far more powerful than that.

I can't imagine a Chrysler literally eating an Oldsmobile for breakfast but I do agree that the Hemi was another milestone.

I think Buick got the last laugh in 1970 with their stage 2 motors.

Nice pass hardrock...........my '86 Monte SS in DOT trim would run 10.38-10.41. Pictured is race trim (slicks, open exhaust), 10.21 @ 131.7

Nice lookin car.:yes: And some good numbers. How big a shot of juice are you running? Or is that on the motor?

1970 Chevelle 454 SS, followed closely by 1969 Dodge Charger with the 426 C.I.D., 425 H.P. Hemi motor. :thmbsp:

1970Chevelle4541.jpg

1969-charger.jpg

:smoke:

I can't tell you how many teens and twenty-somethings have approached my in parking lots....and even at red lights.....wanting to buy my beat-up old (but VERY fast) 1991 Misubishi Turbo Eclipse.
It's a VERY RARE now, 1st generation Mitsubishi Turbo Eclipse with the pop-up headlights.
It was a birthday gift from my son MANY moons ago, who bored-out the engine and installed a manual turbo boost.
You can hear it ah-comin' a mile off......................................

Steve

I grew up in the muscle car era. I lived in New Orleans back then. We did a lot of street racing on Wisner Blvd every weekend. I got to see first hand a lot of muscle cars run in stock or near stock condition with the usual bolt-ons. Two of the baddest cars were a red 1969 Mach 1 428CJ and a silver 1970 Buick Stage 1. Never saw either one get beat. The only modification on each car was a set of headers. I remember nobody would race the Mustang after a while. 1n 1981 he crashed the car into a bridge abutment and totaled it. He sold the 428CJ engine for $800. The Buick guy blew the motor on the drag strip and replaced the 455 with a 396 Chevy engine. Those were the days.

Once my 15-year-old turns 19 I will buy my dream car; a 1969 1/2 Dodge Super Bee.

Truly the meanest looking car on the planet in my book.

And say hello to 440-Six Pack induced lurid power slides amidst the backroads...

Color mine Bahama Yellow please.

And the requisite 4-speed.

Duh.

:)

Matt

Last edited:
This was your typical grocery getter,until you poped the hood...What a sleeper:yes:

There's somebody in town here who has one of those. Dark green with green wheels and tiny hub caps like that one. I got to see it up close one day. 426 Cross-Ram wedge motor. Have to pull the intake to adjust the valves.

That little chrome emblem behind the rear window is a circle with a "K" in the center, if I'm not mistaken.

I had a '69 Z/28 with RS options that looked very similar to this one except mine had the dark green interior. Once we took all the "smog" stuff of it and changed the timing, that 302 ran like hell. Mine was stolen out of the parking lot at work. It was found 3 weeks later, stripped. I found out who stole it and told my insurance company. A month later my insurance company told me who bought the stripped skeleton...the same company that stole it.

Attachments

• 69 Camaro z28 rs.jpg
    69 Camaro z28 rs.jpg
    74.2 KB · Views: 11
Wow!
That's a shame, tboat!

I luv this '70 GTX with Air Grabber hood & the color is just soooooo nice.

70GTX.jpg

This is a rare gem that is often overlooked, but I like it.

63T.jpg

Rome

Last edited:
Thats good numbers, twitch54, I've got a good friend with a copo ZL-1 it runs 9.70's on the motor sweet car,was always my favorite Camaro,the copo.:yes:

I used to have a 1974 Chevy Nova with a 350 V8.
At the time, I didn't have any $$$ to mod it.
Some kids in Washington, DC, torched the car on a side street in 1982.

Steve

Back
Top Bottom