MOTY acceptance

merrylander

AK Member
As those of you who met me at the Fest know, I am a quiet-spoken person. The Good Lord blessed me with excellent hearing and I get the feeling when speaking at a conversational level that I am shouting, so I don't know who all heard me at the Fest MOTY presentation. This is more or less what I recall that I said, certainly it is what I wanted to say;

I want to thank all of you who voted for me, and all of you who did not, to me AK is my extended family. I am truly conscious of the honor you do me as I have joined a truly distinguished group, the previous winners. Again, my thanks.

Rob

Rob, you are a very class act & an excellent example for all of us to emulate. Man, that's WAY too many "E's" isn't it ? <grin>

Rob it was a pleasure meeting you, I'm glad we had some time to sit around and shoot the breeze.

Again congratulations to a well deserved MOTY!

Yeah Rob, what everybody else said! It was great meeting you and I can't think of a more deserving person to be AK's MOTY!

Retro

A more deserving member the award could not go too. I hope to have the pleasure of spending more time chatting with you again.

Dave

Rob, the award is well-deserved, and I enjoyed meeting you. Now, you have to start planning to attend next year!

Rob,

Congrats on a well-deserved award! The Yammie CR-1020 you fixed up for the wedding gift last fall is still drawing raves from the new couple, getting hours of use every single day. Cheers!

Rob, you are a true gentleman and the highlight of my first fest attendance was the opportunity to meet and chat with you! :tresbon:

Very well-deserved, Rob - and I was glad to have someone who gets up as early as I do to eat breakfast with!

Rob, the highlight of the Fest, for me, was the honour of presenting the MOTY award to you. It was a privilege for me to shake your hand, and hand you the plaque, which was a year overdue. I am very glad that the situation was corrected, this year.

I hope you give serious consideration to Eric and Nadia's offer that you ride with them to next year's Fest.

Rob, you are a great asset to this forum and it was wonderful to meet you at the Fest! I'm really glad that you were able to come this year. :thmbsp: :yes:

Congrats on your well deserved award. I'm am glad that I got to meet you, shake you hand and now know who you are when people write about you and the services you provide. Again, congratulations.

An intelligent, thoughtful, well (and soft) spoken fellow, is Rob. One of the best. Plus, he helps satiate that Yamaha monkey on my back...

Glad that I had the chance to meet him, albeit briefly, a couple of weeks back.

It was especially nice that you were able to attend in person, both to receive your award in front of the entire group, and to give all of us a chance to say hello and to meet you in person.

Well deserved, and glad you made the trip!

Clay

Congratulations, Rob, on an obviously well-deserved honor. :yes: :thmbsp: The kind, gentlemanly and generous spirit that comes through in your posts is universally corroborated by all who have met you. You are an enormous asset to this community, and fully deserve that award.

I am sorry I couldn't make iit to the Fest to have met you and seen you receive the award. I hope one day to have the pleasure of meeting you in person, but in the meantime Thank you for all that you give here, and Congratulations on being MOTY!

Back
Top Bottom