Mounting Ortofon 2M Red onto Infinity Black Widow Tonearm

Is it possible the OP doesn't know what compliance is? Maybe his translator turns it into something that makes no sense, like compliance could also mean 'lawful'.

Let me try this:

Liemjerry, 2m Red is bad choice because needle too hard for weak arm. Need soft needle, like Shure, ADC, OM. Hard needle is good for strong arm like CEC BD-2500. Rega Carbon is hard needle, but maybe not too hard.

Have you measured resonance? I have had a wood bodied DL-103R on a 5.5g arm and resonance was measured at or below 10Hz, the lower limit of the CBS STR-100 test record I used to measure it. The point I'm trying to make is, that compliance specs are often worst case tolerances....actual real world compliances may be higher, depending on brand and model.
I put a chart of cartridges showing different compliances and explained which would work, which wouldnt, and why in my last post. The compliances are clearly listed.

Maybe he can save up and get a 30 or 40 stylus and see what having a top tonearm is really like. Putting the nearly entry level cartridge on the arm isn't going to get the most out of the groove. Sure it will work but there is more to be enjoyed further up the ladder. If you can go there. If not, I understand. But the cartridge is as important as the speakers in a good PVC playback system.

Back
Top Bottom