.mov audio to .wav extraction/conversion

OvenMaster

Baby, you're my winterblue
Subscriber
I'm in a bit of a bind. I have an Apple QuickTime (extension .mov) movie of a music video and I want to get the audio saved to a .wav file so I can burn it to a CD. I've tried Total Recorder but can't use it for more than 45 seconds or so, because the recording volume goes suddenly WAY into the red without my intervention. I can't seem to prevent it from happening, and the resulting files become useless. Any input here would be a help.

Tom

This MIGHT work if you've got the right feature...

1. Open up your volume control, click Options menu, click Properties.

2. Click the circle next to "Recording."

3. Make sure all options in the Volume Controls list are checked.

4. Click "OK."

5. You need to look for one called "Stereo Mix" or something similar. This recording control lets you record all sounds being played by the computer, no matter what type or input. Checkmark the "Select" box for this control.

6. Open up a WAV/MP3 recording program. Messer is free and works well: http://www.dago.pmp.com.pl/messer/

7. Start recording.

8. Begin playing the movie. Sound should be recorded.

Good luck!

Downloaded Messer about an hour ago. I tried it and my PC would suddenly reboot as soon as QuickTime stopped playing the .mov file. After setting Messer to work as if it were seeing Windows 98/ME in Compatibility Mode, it actually worked! Thank you!
Tom

OvenMaster said:
Downloaded Messer about an hour ago. I tried it and my PC would suddenly reboot as soon as QuickTime stopped playing the .mov file. After setting Messer to work as if it were seeing Windows 98/ME in Compatibility Mode, it actually worked! Thank you!
Tom

Awesome! Glad I could be of assistance. :thmbsp:

Whoa, I just got a shock. For laughs, I launched the recorder in Nero Wave Editor. As long as Stereo Mix is selected in Recording properties in Windows' Volume Control, I can rip audio that way too :yikes: Who knew???

(Messer is way simpler, though :D Thanx again.)

Tom

OvenMaster said:
Whoa, I just got a shock. For laughs, I launched the recorder in Nero Wave Editor. As long as Stereo Mix is selected in Recording properties in Windows' Volume Control, I can rip audio that way too :yikes: Who knew???

(Messer is way simpler, though :D Thanx again.)

Tom

Yeah that's what I was getting at in the directions... I just suggested Messer for it's simplicity.

Ya learn something every day... :thmbsp:

Back
Top Bottom