1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

Moving equipment on as a carry on?

Discussion in 'Packing & Shipping' started by mattd008, Aug 10, 2018.

1. mattd008

mattd008 AK Subscriber Subscriber

Has anyone successfully moved an amp or receiver from one part of the county (post 9/11) as a carryon item?

If so, any advice? I don't have anything specific, but I will be traveling a little in a few months and I'm curious to know if this is an option.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. petehall347

petehall347 the brandy coffee man Subscriber

Personal item. The maximum dimensions for your personal item that fits under the seat in front of you, such as a shoulder bag, purse, laptop bag or other small item, are 9 inches x 10 inches x 17 inches (22 cm x 25 cm x 43 cm).

3. tcdriver

tcdriver AK Subscriber Subscriber

I just sold a Pilot 248 to AK member hammr7 who placed it in his carry on luggage. He told me the TSA inspectors gave it a very complete look over. He said they swabbed the heck out of it.

mattd008 likes this.
  4. blhagstrom

blhagstrom Mad Scientist, fixer. Subscriber

As carry on luggage, if it fits, it ships.

Personal item is a different deal, as pointed out.

Since the whole nickel and dime system started and luggage was “extra”, I’ve seen some massive carry on.

5. toxcrusadr

toxcrusadr AK Subscriber Subscriber

You can put it in its original box if it will fit in the overhead, or a small suitcase. Just be prepared to have it looked at.

I've carried DVD players and other components that way. They're certainly not prohibited.

mattd008 likes this.