Moving vintage stuff.

bigmacc

AK Subscriber
Replacing a lot of floors in our house in the next two weeks. This means a lot of moving stuff. Two things stand out in my mind; one how much l've purchased since my original purchase Marantz 2235B receiver two years ago and how well built and heavy the 70's stuff is.:)

Not complaining mind you and within a month l will have a dedicated listening room for myself. This morning l moved the following:

Pioneer SX-1050; SA-5200 ; TX-6800
Sansui G6000;G7700 and a T60/A60 combo
NAD 7125
Harmon Kardon HK 730
Nikko NR-1219
Kenwood KD-2055 TT
Speakers Baby Advents;Ohm L's; RS Minimus 7's (two pair);EPI's 70c; JBL's R133; EPI Monitor Two's.
Three CD players .

Tommorrow l tackle the stuff in the living room and Sunday the computer room.The wife has been patience. Thank god for storage.:D

You can move some of it to my house and I'll take REAL good care of it.:D

Macc,follow your own advice,pack it up and send it forth to new homes,unchartered living rooms, to the East Coast,to the East Coast.

Thank-you

Alan

Mac, our sympathies. We recently had the linoleum and underlayment from the front foor to the kitchen, and the kitchen torn out and pre-finished hardwood laid down, It is beautiful, but it was the week from hell -dust dust dust dust. If you come home and find your good lady sitting in a chair whimpering, be gentle. I took the week off just so I could supervise.

Rob

As one in the home remodeling business, I just want you to know that the dust you saw was actually very expensive professional strength dust. We spread it around in order to make the customer think we actually are getting things done. Sure we could do the same job in 2 days, however then people would think we were ripping them off. Often it goes something like this "Do you realize that you are making 3 times what I am making at my own job?" Yes, sir I do, However, if you would like to crawl under your house and swim through who knows how many dead critters just to loosen a hose bib, then more power to ya" That usually shuts them up. Today in fact, I had to sprinkle a mix of cedar and aluminum dust on myself just so they thought I was actually working instead of laughing my way to the bank. :rolleyes:
P.S. The ladies never whimper when I get done with a job :D

I'm The Contractor

Hey ship all my stuff to the guys what a great ideal - NOT! :D

Remember l'm the original Audio Whore ;) . ( I'm am impressed with the determination of the other members on this site to acquire geer).

On a semi-serious note replacing all the floors will not be that bad or expensive.Got a fair deal on the wood ( laminate). I do all the removal of the old stuff and preparation. My wife does the painting and helps with the cleanup. Two guys l always use are paid cash to install. Should take two days for the living room ,dining room ,one bedroom and the hallways.:)

Macc,
Sounds impressive! Plus you'll have your own room!

Subliminal message: send Alan a suprise audio gift

Back
Top Bottom