MP3 Software

Discussion in 'Digital Sources' started by Walter R, Apr 25, 2018.

Tags:
  1. KrisM

KrisM Lunatic Member

Do you have VLC on your computer?
    If all you want to do is load up a few albums for playback it'll do that just fine. Right click on the folder, select 'Add to VLC media player playlist', and then repeat.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. robgmn

robgmn Super Member

TOO MANY options? Huh?
    It's software. Anything you don't need, you don't use.
    It's not like hardware, where you are paying a lot extra for stuff you don't need.

3. botrytis

botrytis Trying not to be a Small Speaker Hoarder Subscriber

Well, JRiver does, Movies, music, pictures, etc. It is like the Swiss Army Knife of HT software.

4. rwartner

rwartner Super Member

I rip with Windows Media Player (Lossless WMA) and play it with JRiver.
    Windows Media Player is easy to use. However when you have a large library (over 500 CDs) it gets slow browsing.
    JRiver can handle large library. It has more features.

5. imral3

imral3 Super Member

That's why I don't allow my WMP to import my music collection (over 11,000 albums) into it's library... it's too damn slow!!!

6. Walter R

Walter R New Member

A lot of my MP3 files don’t have metadata. I have over 40,000 old time radio programs with no metadata at all. Also I have a lot of classical music files and the metadata you get from ripping the CDs is inconsistent from disk to disk. For my rock collection metadata is fine, but I still prefer selecting from the folder structure.

mgosdin likes this.

Please register to disable this ad.

7. imral3

imral3 Super Member

Snapshot.png
    Uncheck all boxes on the Library tab of WMP settings (more options). Simply use windows for selection of music playback, select and hi-light the music you want and hit play.

8. Tom White

Tom White Member

WMP can handle this. On the left side (navigation panel) it should give options for Artist, Album, Genre, Folder, etc. (If it doesn't then right-click "music" and choose to customize the navigation panel. It will allow you to change the choices listed.)

Just choose "folder" and go on from there. When you have selected the folder you want, the track listings should show. If they need further sorting you can do that just by clicking the different headers above the listing.