1. Time for some upgrades in server hardware and software to enhance security and take AK to the next level. Please contribute what you can to sales@audiokarma.org at PayPal.com - Thanks from the AK Team
    Dismiss Notice

MR7083 Batteries

Discussion in 'Tuners' started by tewtj, May 6, 2018.

1. tewtj

tewtj New Member

Sorry, this was asked before but the answer didn't make sense to me. The memory preset uses a 3 battery backup, they are all missing in the tuner I have, need to replace, but McIntosh says they don't carry and don't have specs. Any idea what I can do? Thanks.

Please register to disable this ad.

2. c_dk

c_dk Addicted Member

Question has been asked in McIntosh forum previously.....I believe pics are there also.....3 nicads are the replacement. If left too long and nicads leaked a replacement pack can be made up.

The schematic is available from McIntosh parts.

3. tewtj

tewtj New Member

Thanks, and yes I realize this has been asked, but searches don't return any thread I can find with values or photos, and that's my challenge- don't have a clue how strong these batteries need to be. Usually there is a volt and mah rating, that's all I'm trying to find out. McIntosh support emailed me saying they don't have information... Thanks.

4. tewtj

tewtj New Member

Found the thread, the image of the batteries isn't clear, the thread says 1.2 volts, do I need to be concerned about mah rating, if this 1.2 volts is right?