MS Pilot... or simulating?

50nstillhifi

So ... I finally loaded Flight Simulator 2000 by MicroSoft. I had it for years and finally decided to see what its like. Having taken pilot lessons in the past, figured this was a good time to "relive the dream" of flying.

Well, I am using a mouse for the controls and this does not lend itself to realism of any dimension. I picked up a hand cotroller for gaming and it has a serial connector, I am out of serial connections on my computer.

So... any suggestions from you "gamers" in the know? Is there a serial conversion to USB.. or need I go all out and get some new controllers for the simulator?

Thanks!

I got an adapter for my serial connected controller.. will see how this works out and post the results!

No reply to this thread.. suppose all the Geeks have no idea what the MS Flight Simulator software is or did..

Next best thing to real ...

https://www.logitechg.com/en-us/flight-simulation

Seems to me someone was working on an interface for force feedback as well.

I have a Saitek X52 H.O.T.A.S. Last year I dont use it and play flight simulation too much. For gaming flight simulation we need time but time is money and this is one big circle. When I use it I played Falcon 4 and DCS Flight simulator. Before few years my friend and me start new project and build 2DOF simulator which can be used for car and flight simulation, depends on parameters in control software. Everything work fine but we stopped with this project b ecause that it need investments but investments needs money and we still round in that big circle again...

I have a Saitek X52 H.O.T.A.S. Last year I dont use it and play flight simulation too much. For gaming flight simulation we need time but time is money and this is one big circle. When I use it I played Falcon 4 and DCS Flight simulator. Before few years my friend and me start new project and build 2DOF simulator which can be used for car and flight simulation, depends on parameters in control software. Everything work fine but we stopped with this project b ecause that it need investments but investments needs money and we still round in that big circle again...

WOW....... : O!!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom