MS300 bulk ripping

jrsystems

I am considering an MS300 and I am facinated by the bulk ripping ability from a 400CD Sony changer. I am wondering if there is any difference in sound from tracks ripped directly from the internal tray versus from an external changer using the RS232 connection. I know ripping 400 CD's from a changer will take over 2 weeks, but that still beats feeding every CD manually! Any experience with this?

The RS232 is for control and communication..You will still use the analog or digital outs of the 777 Sony. The ripped disk will be bit for bit clones of the original.

Ron-C

MS300 Help!!!

I just set up the MS300 using the coax digital connection and bulk ripped 7 CD's and then went to play them and got nothing! I then added an analog connection between the Sony 777ES and the MS300 and it is working. Are the CD's being ripped through the analog or digital connection and if it is through the digital connection then why do I need the analog connection?

Anyone have any idea what I am doing wrong here?

My understanding is that this is a copyright issue. This is the same reason why I have to use the analog outputs when I listen to SACDs. Correct?

Back
Top Bottom