MT10 alignment questions

Discussion in 'McIntosh Audio' started by jmslaw, Sep 5, 2016.

1. jmslaw

jmslaw Member

Yeah, even more confusing| McIntosh says one thing, and Clearaudio says another! Is anyone else bothered that the Clearaudio rep says the manual contains tracking force info. that is purportedly .4g off? This is info. we could have used long ago!

2. 4-2-7

4-2-7 Smart Ass Sponsor Subscriber

TF is not set in granite, generally they give a range of something like this 1.4g - 2.0g. And when a cartridge is new you use it on the high side to break it in.

3. Andrew Zakon

Andrew Zakon New Member

... some photos of the adjustment tools and the process...
    [​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

4. Andrew Zakon

Andrew Zakon New Member

Today STROBOSCOPE TESTRECORD + SPEED LIGHT (Set AC076) and TRACKABILITY TEST RECORD (LPT 83063) from Clearaudio has arrived. The big advantage of the Clearaudio strobe disc is, that you can place your cartridge onto the strobe record, while measuring the speed, as there are grooves provided on the disc. This means, for the first time a real time speed analysis is possible under realistic circumstances. I checked the speed at my MT10 and it turns that the speed was properly adjusted at the factory.
    Big thanks to McIntosh and/or Clearaudio ;-) One vinyl record I use before had a defect and It seems to me that platter is running slow, but after check with mentioned above tools - everything is fine.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Last edited: Oct 27, 2016
  5. Andrew Zakon

Andrew Zakon New Member

I was and You will be surprised with the attitude to the client from Clearaudio/McIntoch concerning my question on adjustment my MT10 raised in this thread. Giving You last answer from Clearaudio.

Hi Andrew,

I have some news for you.

We got in touch with McIntosh regarding your issues and changes in this details are scheduled.
    (I guess you did too, right? J)

To help you out straight forward we would like to offer to send you an additional tool you can use to set up your arm precisely.
    On top of that I will see to get you one of the new height gauges to check tonearm height.

Where are you located? Do you mind to tell me your address?

Mit freundlichen Grüßen / Kind regards

i.A.
    Stefan Kmuch
    Technischer Kundendienst / customer service

Will see what will come ....

6. Victerry

Victerry New Member

3) The supplied cartridge is ALLEGEDLY a Clearaudio Talismann V2; however, the recommended tracking force for that cartridge is 2.8g, and the McIntosh literature states that the recommended tracking force for the MCC10 is 2.4g! Also, the output of the Talismann is .7mv and the MCC10 is .5mv!........ YES! Why it is so? Comments?
    3.Like I said before, the manual is from the early beginnings. At the beginnings there was a different cartridge in the package of Mt10-6. The current version if with the Talismann V2 cartrdige and that’s why I highly recommend to use the 2.8 g tracking force. You can refer to all out technical specs regarding the cartridge (such as output voltage etc.)

How does one determine when production shifted from the older version of the cartridge to the newer version?